Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Not bad, not bad at all. :thumb:

I think you mentioned wanting it to be green. I didn't think you meant environmentally friendly "green" but I must say your solution is quite unique. :lol:

Ok, seriously it looks to be in pretty good shape once hosed off. Despite the foliage I don't see any major signs of rust, unlike the holes you can stick your head in on mine.

I bet it's full of surprises. Looking forward to watching the progress! :rockon:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Looks like an interesting project...have fun and keep us updated on how it's going. :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice!!! :thumb: :thumb: congrats on the new project!

That means that the Escape stays as it is? no more modifications? :(

·
Registered
142 Posts
megascape said:
No it's a 94, trust me. Registration and the original paper work says, ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 351W 1994
The front clip is not from a 1994. Either it has had some body work (which I'm sure isn't a problem given the circumstances) or the paperwork is not to that truck. I'm just saying, the front clip does not match a 1994 Bronco.

Remember, OJ's Bronco chase (1993 model http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Bronco) was in the summer of 1994, and it looked like the final generation:

·
Banned
105 Posts
MichaelJD1980 said:
The front clip is not from a 1994. Either it has had some body work (which I'm sure isn't a problem given the circumstances) or the paperwork is not to that truck. I'm just saying, the front clip does not match a 1994 Bronco.
The mirrors are also from an earlier Bronco. In '92 the mirrors changed to these:

Also, there's no third brake light as there should be on anything newer than a '92. A picture of the dash would shed some further light on the subject, as that also changed in '92.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Fun looking project, that said, I'm sorry to say, but there is NO WAY that is a 1994. I own both a 1988 Bronco and a 1996 Bronco.

Problem 1:
The front clip is from a late 80's, early 90s. The square front end is the first major giveaway. Notice also the square front bumper, and the 4x4 logo under the drive headlight.

Compared to the front end of my 1996

Problem 2:
The manual mirror is total 80's, although unlike posted above, does not automatically prove what year it is, because there are budget-minded late 90's XL's that feature these.

Problem 3:

The tailgate. 1991 and prior f-150/Broncos had red tailgate stripes like yours does. In 1992 when the all the Ford trucks were remodeled, those tailgate stripes were changed to black.

pre-1991:

1992- +

Problem 4:
No third taillight on topper. A 1994 would have had this.

Problem 5:
Wheels. Those red caps on your hubs are early 90's/80s. 92+ are different.

And to totally confirm, if your interior looks like this:

and not this:
(not mine btw)

It's a pre 1992.

Good luck! Broncos fucking rock, no matter what the year :rockon:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just to double say, I'm not hating or trying to be mean, just trying to help and let you know what you have, because imo it looks like you were sold the vehicle under false pretenses ;)

That said, it really does look like a GREAT start! A Good wash and wax should get it looking real good. It doesn't look like there's any rust on the bottom of the tailgate which is a huge problem on these trucks. No body damage either. Hopefully the interior is clean to match. Moss is sur going to town on that thing, wow!

Good luck! If you need ANY help, go to http://www.fullsizebronco.com

All the info you will ever need, and hundreds of very knowledgeable members. You won't regret becoming a member with a project like this!

(P.S. I'm not some crazy bronco troll, I only found this thread because I REALLY want a 2011 escape hybrid limited :D )

1 - 14 of 14 Posts