Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am new here from west central MN. On Friday I traded in my 99 Ranger 4WD (only had 59,000 miles on it :( ) and bought this 2008 Mariner Premier. It is Kiwi green, V6 4WD with some cool options I've never had before. It has a sunroof, heated black leather, steering wheel controls and a six CD changer. And it only has 35,000 miles on it. So far I'm loving it. It rides great and gets alot better mileage then my Ranger did. So here are some pics.

My old Ranger next to the Mariner

Some shots of the Mariner inside the shop

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Rentz said:
Hello all, I am new here from west central MN. On Friday I traded in my 99 Ranger 4WD (only had 59,000 miles on it :( ) and bought this 2008 Mariner Premier. It is Kiwi green, V6 4WD with some cool options I've never had before. It has a sunroof, heated black leather, steering wheel controls and a six CD changer. And it only has 35,000 miles on it. So far I'm loving it. It rides great and gets alot better mileage then my Ranger did. So here are some pics.

My old Ranger next to the Mariner

Some shots of the Mariner inside the shop

Hi Rentz!
Also congratulations, on the new " MARINER ".
Beautiful photos. :hi: :welcome: :shades: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Congrats on your Mariner and welcome to the City!!!

:wave: :beer: :beer: :beer: :wave:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Mariners are the gorgeous version of our SUV's.

Kiwi green eh? I like that!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and comments!!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Nice lookin' Mariner :thumb: The old pickup looked like it was in good shape too. It's nice that you could get a picture of the two of them together :yes:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:welcome: I LOVE TO SEE 2008's around. They are pretty much one of a kind (talking about v6) :welcome:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stone said:
What shade of green is that Mariner?.
:thumb: Kiwi Green :thumb:

On that note of the color. Today on my lunch break, I walked out to my Mariner to grab some things. An old guy pulled up in a beat up Lumina and said to me, "Oh wow, that's the ugliest thing Ive ever seen! If I had that, I would have it painted a different color right away." So I said, "Oh, thanks?" Then it hit him that the guy that's grabbing things out of it, might own it and said, "Oh, is that yours?" "Yes, I'm glad you like the color" I told him. He didn't have much to say after that.....

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Rentz said:
stone said:
What shade of green is that Mariner?.
:thumb: Kiwi Green :thumb:

On that note of the color. Today on my lunch break, I walked out to my Mariner to grab some things. An old guy pulled up in a beat up Lumina and said to me, "Oh wow, that's the ugliest thing Ive ever seen! If I had that, I would have it painted a different color right away." So I said, "Oh, thanks?" Then it hit him that the guy that's grabbing things out of it, might own it and said, "Oh, is that yours?" "Yes, I'm glad you like the color" I told him. He didn't have much to say after that.....
He doesn't know what he is talking about. I think that color looks fabulous on your Mariner!!! :yes:

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
:lol: ... I probably would have replied "At least it's not a P.O.S. Lumina... jackass."

BTW... I have a P.O.S. Lumina in my driveway...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C, and enjoy your (awesome) Mariner!

·
Registered
151 Posts
nice mariner....and the fact that its a different color makes it even better.

as for the old man...as "ugly" as it is, it STILL caught his attention. I probably would've said... :censor: ... lol. nah, im better than that. you did the right thing. congrats on the new ride.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts