Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my main daily driver: 08 Sport Trac XLT in Vapor Silver: 2wd, 4.6 3V V8, 6 spd at, XLT Appearance Package, towing group, bed extender, etc. We also bought this last Fall. We love it thus far. I've added a KKM intake and custom Magnaflow exhaust.

Yes -- we've actaully used it as a "truck" several times since we've had it. Here it is with 1 cu. yard of topsoil. This is by far the most versatile (handiest) vehicle we've had. It doesn't have the bulk of a full-sized crew cab, but yet it's still very comfortable for 5 -- and can haul a lot of stuff -- even with the smallish bed.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I want the "DO NOT ENTER" sign.

It would round out my collection of other signs in our garage (STOP, NO PARKING, and PARK).

:bill:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stone said:
Hello kkreit01. Nice car you have there. Also that's a beautiful house. :) :thumb:
Thanks. I'm assuming your talking about the first pic -- since you can't really see my house in any of them. The first pic is Garmin's Headquarters parking lot. Our home is right behind Garmin. We were using their parking lot -- to let my daughter practice biking w/o training wheels :yes: . The neighbors up the street have a parking garage and 8-story building in their back yard. They were not happy when Garmin expanded. Luckily, there's still open field directly behind our backyard. Even Garmin had to lay off 5% this year. :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
It started out as basically a trim level of the Explorer, but I'm not sure if it is still in that position. Some of them (all?) even have Explorer badging on the doors and tailgate.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
They are Explorers. :peace:

To be discontinued next year (2011 MY) I believe. Or the year after (2112 MY). The Explorer is going away except in name. It is going to become a unit-body CUV. The Sport Trac dies whenever that transformation takes effect. Explorers are not particularly a big seller any longer.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Ranger as we now know it is on the way out as well, after the 2011 MY. It doesn't meet the side impact requirements. A new Ranger is in the works, but that's maybe 2013...and no confirmation of a crewcab version. :(

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
So it would seem. I always wanted the Ranger crewcab over the Explorer Sport Trac. Then I sat in the back seat of a Mexican spec Ranger Crew Cab. Some immigrant's truck that he brought up to work out of. The legroom is definitely better in the ST. The quality of build is much better as well. So, the ST isn't all bad. And not having the CC Ranger only seems like a bad idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts