Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I went riding up some random trail off the side of Ortega highway and ended up driving up a place called Saddleback Mountain...it was nice up there but REALLY dusty.

Enjoy:

Just off to the right of the center of this one you can see the city I live in....kind of...

I was TRYING to get to these antennas on top of the mountain but when I got closer to it I found the road to it was chained off...i got ....ed off and just turned back.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Great pics! :thumb: Thanks for posting 'em!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Nice pics!!! :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
That's awesome! The only terrain I can think of around here for me to go play in are trails that are narrow enough for a 4-wheeler....not for a SUV! Great pictures. I am looking forward to seeing more!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
No better place to put a radio antennea than on top of the mountain. I should know, I used to go to some of ours (FAA) before moving to the automation specialty. Fortunately, or not depending on your point of view, I live and work in Texas. So it's relatively flat. We do have some in the area that are up some steep inclines, but not mountains by any means.

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
:clap: Great Pics! and videos. Minus the mountains we have lots of great off-roading trails in this part of Florida. After 4 Jeeps, I never went off-roadyng until I got the Trib. It's great.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I might be heading up that way over the weekend, if I do I will take some more pics for you guys. :yes:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
You are pretty good at taking vids and pics of your journeys. I really enjoy them and can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. :yahoo:

·
Registered
261 Posts
In the saddle back range I think there was a C-135 crash.

Quote:

A four-engine Boeing C-135A Stratolifter military transport (the military derivative of the 707 jetliner), bound for Okinawa, fails to make a prescribed turn after takeoff from El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Orange County and flies into rising terrain 4-1/2 miles north of the airbase. All 72 Marines and 12 crew members aboard die in the crash.

if this location description is correct, the wreckage should be in the saddle back mountains, and only the bodies were recovered. I've heard a few locals talk about the wreckage, and they say it is still up there. If you go up there again, you just might encounter the wreckage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts