Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "other car" is a 1963 Buick Wildcat 4 Door Hardtop. I've been working on restoring it for over 3 years. Found it on the used car lot on Fort Lewis (Army Base) here in Washington.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Wish I could see your car. Image blocked here. Is it a 3 holler or a 4 holler? :D Sounds fun.

I have a friend restoring a 1936 Buick Special, amongst others... http://home.earthlink.net/~gtroselle/

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You've GOT to be kidding me. That is SWEET! :clap:

I've always had a soft spot for Buick's, not sure why, but I can't deny it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Next one I'm looking at is a '63 4 Door Hardtop LeSabre. For some reason I like miles of sheetmetal and 4 doors. :rockon:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
KCCO_773 said:
My "other car" is a 1963 Buick Wildcat 4 Door Hardtop. I've been working on restoring it for over 3 years. Found it on the used car lot on Fort Lewis (Army Base) here in Washington.
That ' BUICK ' is in nice condition. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Looks pretty sharp KCCO. My brother owned one back in the day. I never feel in love with the Buicks, preferring the Marauder and Marquis instead. Maybe they were found at the sign of the cat. :shrug: ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I love that straight line look of the GM cars in the earlier part of the 60's.
In my opinion the desigers took a wrong turn around 66' when they started building big fat hips around the back wheels.
Great looking project, should be a really comfy cruising car. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
rehctelf said:
I love that straight line look of the GM cars in the earlier part of the 60's.
In my opinion the desigers took a wrong turn around 66' when they started building big fat hips around the back wheels.
Great looking project, should be a really comfy cruising car. :thumb:
The Coke bottle look. Not fond of the big hips either. I really loved the look of the 60 -70 Fords, especially once they incorporated the sportsroof (fastbacks) in the Galaxie lineup. 65 MY was particularly pleasing to my eye. Very sharply defined fender lines from front to back. The Galaxie 500 2 door hardtop was really eye candy to me.

But GM followed the 67 Camaro with the big hips on all their cars, and it went tubular with the Chrysler brands' heading off to totally rounded sides from rooftop to rocker panel. :barf:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
That is the car! I had dozens of people around me that owned those when I was in High School. And that old T-bird 390 cid engine was in just about everyone of them, with dual exhaust. Straight from the factory! :woohoo: It may not have been the fastest car in it's class, but it sounded s-o-o-o cool! :)P

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe my next project pending approval from the Boss/Finance Minister (aka the Mrs.), a '63 LeSabre.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah gotta find something to keep occupied. Did look at a '62 Lincoln with the suicide doors but $8k was a bit much. This one I might be able to get for $1k.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts