Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent two weeks in Maine near the Canadian border. Thought I would share a few pictures with the gang.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Glad you had a great vacation, weebee! Thanks for sharing pics!
That pic of the whale tail is awesome! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Here are some more.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were two Humpback Whales. Each about 50 feet long. I would have had more pics of them, but I spent a lot of them time leaning over the rail, if you get my meaning.

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
Great pics, weebee, looks like you had a nice trip.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Wow... awesome pics. I'm glad you had a good time!

:thumb:

I wonder how much fishing you could do with a lake that crowded!

:shrug:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as fishing went, I did not pick a good time for that. The Mackerel were just starting to enter the bays towards the end of our vacation. I saw a few get caught, but I had no luck. Oh well, I'll know better next year!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,583 Posts
Those are great pictures!!!

I have never been to Maine. Your pics make me want to visit!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Thanks for the photos weebee. :) Glad to hear you had a good vacation. I like the building in the bottom photo. Will hazard a guess that it is a tourist resort or a hotel. The architecture is beautiful. It looks quite charming.

Your escape has presentation also. Anyway would the area be 'Rhode Island' of Maine?. Correct me if i'm wrong. Sometimes i get confused with Nova Scotia which is quite picturesque.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stone said:
Thanks for the photos weebee. :) Glad to hear you had a good vacation. I like the building in the bottom photo. Will hazard a guess that it is a tourist resort or a hotel. The architecture is beautiful. It looks quite charming.

Your escape has presentation also. Anyway would the area be 'Rhode Island' of Maine?. Correct me if i'm wrong. Sometimes i get confused with Nova Scotia which is quite picturesque.
The building you are referring to was President Roosevelt's summer cottage. It is located on Campobello Island, New Brunswick

Except for Roosevelt's cottage and the whale pics (they were taken about 25 miles out in the ocean by the Bay of Fundy.)
All of the pictures are from along the Maine coastline area.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Those pics are awesome, weebee !!! LOVE the lighthouse !!! The whale pics are neat too. Very happy that y'all had a great time !! :)

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
And by the by, where is that lighthouse?

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Colleen said:
jonas1022 said:
And by the by, where is that lighthouse?
Jonas, go back and look at the first set of pics. Do you not see a lighthouse ?? :)
LOL! What town, state ? :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
OK, I'm still looking for a city, town whatever... :)P :yes:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
:shrug: Some town in the state of Maine. Guess the city would be a question for weebee. I should have kept quiet while I was ahead. :doh:

( Oh yea, I was just messin with ya on the lighthouse thing. :hyst: )

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The lighthouse that is on the tiny island out in the ocean is located just outside the Bar Harbor outlet.
The other one is located on Campobello Island, sorry I forgot to mention that. The one on the island was voted the ugliest in Maine.
On low tide you can walk to the light house on Campobello island. Which is what we did.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm glad everybody likes these pictures! :beer:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts