Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the Escape world - only had my 03' for a week... I ran up on this pic over at Central's site & was wondering if anyone might have an idea if this hood 'add-on' is still offered, and where I might be able to look for it.

*Edit*
Ok... not having any luck with the image - customized Escapes, album 4, image 15 in their photo section.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
611 Posts
Hyper said:
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the Escape world - only had my 03' for a week... I ran up on this pic over at Central's site & was wondering if anyone might have an idea if this hood 'add-on' is still offered, and where I might be able to look for it.

*Edit*
Ok... not having any luck with the image - customized Escapes, album 4, image 15 in their photo section.

Thanks,
Jeff
Well First of all!!! Welcome to Escape-CITY. I do think. Your talking about the Red Escape at the other place. (?) If so, those are from a Turbo-Charged Thunderbird year (?) I don't know. He had them installed and they do work as a cold air intake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry guys,

I was in a bit of a hurry first posting this the other day, so I may not have made much sense... which also probably explains why I couldn't get the pic to display..

Anyway, here's the hood I was curious about:

Any help on finding this thing would be great!

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Several years ago I did some research on the fender flairs for that escape and all the add ons were custom made for that show car as I recall. They did start in some cases with aftermarket parts for other cars like on the fender flairs and then cut and shaped them to fit the escape body. The reflex is the only hood I know of in the aftermarket for the escapes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm..., I was afraid that would be the case, I've ran up on a few guys that would be able to reproduce it in steel, but I'm sure the price wouldn't be cheap.

Thanks for the help & the welcome guys,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You're welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts