Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy's can someone tell me why we who have the ford nav can't get traffic updates im pissed i spent 3250.00 on this piece of sh!t and its useless dealer should have told me it wouldn't work in Canada :censor: :wall: :cry:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Wow I didn't know they wouldn't update in Canada! Have you tried calling Ford directly? Look at their web site and look for a number for customer service for gadgets like that, maybe you can find someone to help you there.

·
Registered
151 Posts
which ford escape model do you have what year is it?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I use a Lensatic Compass and the Radio for navigation in mine... though reading military maps while driving gets to be a bit challenging! :)P

·
Registered
151 Posts
u know i emailed the ford website wondering if i can get the OEM navigation installed on my 2010 escape xlt and they said they wouldnt recommend it because it can mess up SYNC. is it that they cant do it or dont want to?

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Maybe both. Did you ask them why not? I know you can get nav and Sync together.

·
Registered
151 Posts
weebee said:
Maybe both. Did you ask them why not? I know you can get nav and Sync together.
the response i got was:

"We do not recommending upgrading the radio when SYNC is equipped. The upgrade may cause SYNC not to function correctly. See your dealership for more informaion.

Sincerely,

Lena
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center "

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Try the dealer, see what they say. They may have to upgrade or change the software for SYNC I'm guessing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts