I havent bought a head unit for almost 10 years. I got a pioneer back then, I hear they are still good now. BUT I have 4 needs it has to satisfy.
1. USB port for external usb flash drive or ipod/iphone
2. Bluetooth for cell phone
3. HD radio(?) figure I should as the old stuff is phasing out sometime.
4. Be under $200.
My cobalt SS has the usb and bluetooth and I freaking love it, now that the escape is my DD and winter car I need something more than the freaking radio. I have a 2005 escape XLS no mach audio, 1 cd HU.
On crutchfield I see a Jensen, Sony, Boss and Dual. Ive never heard of Boss, Dual I think they made subs when I was in highschool. I have no want for an audio system, the stock stuff is fine.
- HD radio, BT, USB, AUX, 1CD, $159
Sony Xplod MEX-BT3700
-BT, USB, AUX, 1cd, $199 but missing HD stock ($149 add-on)
- BT, USB, AUX, 1cd, $219. No HD radio. The HD version is $250
- BT, USB, SD port, 1cd, music recording to SD or usb, $109. NO HD radio upgrade.
Missing HD and CD
Boss Audio's 755DBi
- BT, USB, AUX, SD, $149. Kinda cool but no cd and the ipod "tray" may break?