Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem starting my 05 escape. I go to crank it and it goes click click and then the gear selector on the dash bounces from park to drive and the speedodometer goes click click and vibrates a little.
It sounds like a starter problem. it was a little tricky to start some times. Wouldnt crank the 1st time but the2nd time not prob or I would have to hold it down to get it start. I got it afew months ago and just thought it was different than my old car.
I am letting the battery charge it and see fi that is the prob.
Also it rained like crazy here yesterday.
Any ideas? Is it tough to change a starter on the escape I have done it on other cars.
Oh adn the click click is not hte sound I am use ot hearing when a starter goes out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like ti was teh battery needing a charge. I HOPE THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE ALT. is in danger of going out. The battery light never came on.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If the battery is original to the vehicle, you probably just need a new battery. A 2005 with an original battery is probably losing its ability to hold its charge.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
jay_esc said:
If the battery is original to the vehicle, you probably just need a new battery. A 2005 with an original battery is probably losing its ability to hold its charge.
+100
If one of the six elements of the battery is warped, corroded or shorted it will still give you satisfactory numbers on the meter but it's functioning is limited to useless.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Ean will probably need a new battery soon. Everything thus far has been OEM on him. I've been making the changes when need be. He has no issues as of yet though... :whistle:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Ean-The-Escape said:
Ean will probably need a new battery soon. Everything thus far has been OEM on him. I've been making the changes when need be. He has no issues as of yet though... :whistle:
Smart girls drive smart cars!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts