Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a after market radio and when i put it in, everything match's up but the red wire the accessory (ACC) and i just cant find it, 08 ford escape stock

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It wont be on the wiring harness, I found this out too and I didnt want to search for it, so I used the 12v constant which has its down falls: runs battey dead if not turned off but good cause I can jam to the radio all I want with out the keys in and no time limit. Do you want to hook it up to the ACC? If not use the yellow wire for 12v constant. to the red on the stereo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried that but my pioneer d3 do not have a turn off. i found a acc wire that working from the traction control harness and it works from turning off the keys, but sometimes when you drive like a nut and come to a stop and turn the car off , it will take a min to shutdown, but its working,i still word like to find the right wire :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to know where the acc wire is! We are having a rough time installing an aftermarket stereo because of this dang (missing) wire!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
There isn't. Radio gets ignition hot from the serial bus. You can Take it off the power window, or moon roof. This can be used for hot-with-ignition and accessory delay.
It would be at the smart junction box at the center console. If you don't want to cut wires, you can use a fuse tap for moon roof.

I plan to use the same thing to wire a cigar socket for powering my Bluetooth kit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts