Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a line on a good set of seat covers? I am a mechanic and do a lot of hunting and fishing. So I need some serious good protection. This set seems pretty good if they actually fit :

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.aspx? ... ilyid=5670

I had a set of coverking imitation neoprene in my cavalier that seemed to work pretty good, but would like to avoid a high price tag if I can.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I actually installed a set of these on a new Suburban. They fit and cover the seats well. The material is not thick like the neoporenes, but it should hold up just fine to mud and grime. They are a good, snug fit that hugs the seat very well once you get them installed properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the material like, kind of a balistic nylon? Is it really rough? How well does it do with water? I have the tan interior on my escape, on the website it almost looks like taupe would be closer to the color. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wickymustang said:
What is the material like, kind of a balistic nylon? Is it really rough? How well does it do with water? I have the tan interior on my escape, on the website it almost looks like taupe would be closer to the color. Any thoughts?
We got a sample set in, a full set in each color, for the Suburban. There were a 3 tan/brown colors, SA (Wet Sand), TN (Tan) and TP (Taupe). I agree about the Taupe, I think it is the closest match to Ford tan interiors.

It's not really rough, you won't feel like you're sitting on a burlap bag or anything. I'll talk with our photo department about the water. They un-boxed and photo'd all of them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wicky,

Today is your lucky day. I went to the photo department and water does indeed bead up and roll off the covers. One of the people in photo is also currently renting a 2011 Escape with the Camel cloth interior so I took some photos for you. I actually thing the Wet Sand (SA) is probably the closest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an 06 with the tan interior. I think that the wet sand or taupe will be the best, hard to say without being able to hold it up to the interior. Sounds like this set will be my best bet without going big money for a covercraft fake neoprene set.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't know if it's your cup of tea, but they do offer some camouflage patterns. Even a pink one.

We have mixed some of our interior products with good results. A black Weathertech liner looks surprisingly good in a tan interior car. The contrast is a nice touch. You can always try a gray set in your tan interior for something different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I already have the tan weathertech floor mats front, back, and cargo area. So I was trying to match the interior. The camo covers do seem pretty cool, but I haven't found any that would be cheap and look decent in my mind yet...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wickymustang said:
I already have the tan weathertech floor mats front, back, and cargo area. So I was trying to match the interior. The camo covers do seem pretty cool, but I haven't found any that would be cheap and look decent in my mind yet...
If you are happy with the way the Weathertechs match, I can photos with the color swatches on a tan Weathertech liner for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That would be awesome. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I am in the southern Twin Cities in MN and I have been digging out of the almost 2 feet of snow we just got. If you could compare to the tan weathertech that would be perfect.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I pulled a Tan liner for a 2004-2008 Ford F-150. Here's how the color matches. I think Wet Sand (SA) would be the closest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts