Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone could help me find the pipe that goes from the flex pipe to the inlet side of the muffler. I have no idea how the exhaust system works on my girlfriends 08' escape XLT. Someone was nice enough to cut the entire pipe out with either the cat or reso. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
The CATALYTIC CONVERTER is located under the front two seats (of ousrse under the vehicle) The resonator is located to the rear of the back of the vehicle. Looks (looked) like a BIG coffee can. So I think what was cut was the CATALYTIC CONVERTER as theives cut that and get to the precious metals inside. IF all that was cut then you need to buy a WHOLE new exhuast system you need to see an exhaust shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't see the need to replace the entire exhaust system. If that was the cat that was cut out (I'm guessing the reso is behind the muffler?) then all I need to do is remove what's left of the damaged pipe and have a shop fab a new one in with a aftermaket cat. What would this do to the ford warranty? Would a dealership have to replace the exhaust to keep it under warranty? It's a 08' with under 30k so I would think a factory warranty would still be in place.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Do you have pics?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There is one before the cat which they probably took, FYI there are 2 more , but they are up in the manifold (header) area not what your looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.