Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Ok, this post involves exhaust systems (yes, I know, we've exhausted this topic to death as far as Magnaflow or other brands go), but I need to find out something.

As some of you already know, I owned a 2001 Focus ZX3 before that was modified a fair bit, and one of those mods was a 2.25" T-304 Mandrel-Bent SS Exhaust. This exhaust was made by MBRP inc, in Huntsville Ontario. Observe the link:

http://www.mbrp.com

I recently emailed their service desk,indicating that I was one of their early customers of the Focus systems, and led them to selling a LOT more of them to Focus owners here in Ontario and across Canada. I then asked about what the chances were of them making an exhaust system for the Escape/Tribute/Mariner, either previously, or if they plan to in the future. They said that they hadn't really thought of it, so I mentioned belonging to an enthusiast forum for these vehicles, and that there might potentially be a lot of other customers wanting an exhaust system for their truck too. So, the person that replied back to me asked me to get an idea as to how many people would be interested in a system, because based on numbers, they might be able to perk the R&D department's interest. They said they could possibly fabricate a custom exhaust for my vehicle too.

So, in short, if there's anyone on here interested in getting a potential bolt-on exhaust system developed for their truck, to let me know so that I can respond back to them with some numbers, and see what they think. This includes those of you with 2.3L's, and 3.0L's.

Thanks,

Oh, BTW, I purchased, and had my system installed on the Focus for less than $400 cdn, Taxes in...

Ian

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'd LOVE to see one for sale in Ontario, price would be a huge factor for me, I have a 2004 tribute 3.0l But I do have interest

·
Registered
679 Posts
me too.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Good idea! :thumb:

But not for me! :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3x responses, and only 2 of them are interested...not good...

I will continue correspondance with MBRP to see what they think they can do (might even be able to use parts of the V6 Mustang on the 3.5L's in the new Escapes/Tribby's/Mariners...).

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think the problem is that we do not have a huge aftermarket or following for these trucks here, it exists as we can see but it is not huge.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Exhaust is always so tough - considering it can climb to $1000 quickly depending on your reasoning for getting it. Most just want a change in sound, and $250 or more to make it sound meaner isn't a cost effective mod to me. If you are looking for increase in performance, you have to get intake and exhaust, along with a xcal to make it effective. If you were able to show me a option under $100 I would be interested....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts