Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run new wires for speakers and tweeters to the front doors in my 2003 ford escape. However, I need to run them through the plastic barrier thing that connects the door and the car body. What is this thing called? I have seen it discussed on here before. It is seen here:

Also, I can't find the terminals for it anywhere online or in stores around my town(Auto Zone has something very similar, but they are too large, the package said 16-20 gauge, I think I need 24 or 26 guage). I stopped by my local ford dealership and they couldn't even give me a part number for them. No one else seems to have them. The items I am talking about are here:

The male connector

The female connector

They are the wire terminals that slip in to the plastic harness.

I am not sure exactly what they are called. Googling "male female wire termination" gives me similar stuff, but not exactly what I need. Does anyone have any experience with this, and if so I need to know where to buy these!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Molex connector is the word you are after.

Typically what we do is run outside of that connector, somewhere with an extra hole typically made.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I just drilled through some unused slots and pulled the cables through. A pain in the butt but it works.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Yes sir! Its one reason I am such a proponent of a-pillar tweeters. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts