Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to whine, but been a rough couple of months. First my totally independent 80 year old Mom has a TIA, then another, then a minor stroke, 4 trips to ERs, flight-for-life, transfers, weeks of rehab, then set back with 3 more TIAs. No other family nearby so I'm on 24/7 care. During this time my 9 year old daughter falls off swing at school, droopy eyelid, can't move leg, off to ER, (she recovers fully with bruised spinal column). A week later son and daughter get super flu, she is asthmatic so its gets pretty nasty. Rounds of Tamiflu, antibiotics for secondary infections. Then for icing on the cake, a few days ago my dear dog Merlin dies. Rapid liver failure. Kids totally freak out and I'm devastated since he was our best friend for 10 years. Colorful crayon goodbye notes and metal dog charm tucked under his blanket, late night trip to another city with four boxes of Kleenex to pet crematorium.
Long story short I am so lucky. Everyone has recovered so well. My mom is nearing 90%, kids are again fine and healthy, Violet has taken over major dog duties of tail wagging comforting everyone.
Planning a mid month trip to Pagosa Springs for a few days in the Escape for some soft-roading and hiking with the family. Looking forward to seeing the fall aspen colors, just hanging out with the in-laws.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Wow, talk about hard knocks lately!!
Sorry for all the misfortunes and may Merlin RIP. Glad everyone is on the mend.

Lots of hugs!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: Geez!

Not to whine? It was your turn in the barrell that is for sure.

Go ahead, whine :worry: . I would. I think you have met a tough couple months and are on the upside of them. Take a break, you earned it!

Sorry to hear about your best buddy Merlin. I hope and pray that all continues to improve for you!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Always count on kind words from the Escape-City people :thumb:
The scenery is spectacular in that part of Colorado. I hope I can share some good pics of the Escape in the surrounding mountains.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Good idea, after all that whining you owe us some spectacular mountain pics! :doh: Just kidding, it sounds like a couple rough months so relax and enjoy your vacation.

I wasn't kidding about wanting some good pics though! :bill:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.