Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somewhere these forums I just now spotted a post indicating that gmail was a no-no here.

I just registered and posted a few minutes ago and I did get an email back to my gmail verifying my registration, so it worked for me, at least that once so far--maybe it was an old post I saw--hopefully!

Dick G
Gunny G

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello gunnyg!. :welcome: :happy:
Also congratulations, for your new 2010 Escape. :thumb:
Glad to hear you are happy with it.
I have a 2.3L four cylinder escape. It is the 06 Taiwan assembled model.

Considering your mpg improved on a long trip, means you are achieving economy.
Well that is the impression i have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So...what I'm wondering is...does my mpg (so far) sound about right to you folks who have the 4cyl w/the 6spauto-trans???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talked to the salesman where I bought the Escape--he doesn't think 29mpg is unusual--thinks the 6-speed auto trans is largely responsible for the good mileage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well...

My daily commute is about 60% City/40% highway and I average 235.-24.5 according to the trip computer.

I just got back from a trip to Austin (from Houston). On the way there, I average 27 bucking a headwind. On the way home, I averaged 29.5.

I am DEFINITELY happy with the mileage from my 2.5L/6-spd auto combo!

:welcome:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I am running 22 mpg using the in-board mpg calculator after 6,800 miles now. I just did a manual calculation and got 21.5 mpg so it is about 0.5 mpg difference. Not too bad. This is also in winter and a mix of highway and city driving. In the warmer weather I was getting 24-25 mpg average. When on the highway I get about 29 which is awesome for long trips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Attention All:
I have received a message requesting that I remove links from my signature--I certainly will--once I see that everyone else also removes all links from theirs--otherwise I will not do so.

Hi,
First off I wish to thank you for your service for us and ours. I was in the service for 8 years and can appreciate what you've risked.
Now, I need to ask you for a favor. I noticed your link about Obama and your reference about Hawaii.
I've learned through the years as being a moderator on different forums that certain topics can cause a issue and this is one of them. Could you please remove the link you have in your sig. There are numerous sites that welcome this sort of discussion, but here we like to refrain from it.
If you have any queestions please let me know.
Thank you,

Now, we all know what comes next, don't we!

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
Apparently you think we'll delete the topic. You're wrong there. Your links are of a politcal nature and we do not wish to have that on our forum. I have know problem with linking. But we are going to control what they are.
As I'm sure you'll be pointing out next is that this is a free world with freedom of speach. So I'll beat you to that as well. This is a free world. But this is a private forum where you are a guest and it's our desire to keep certain topics away from this forum. If you wish to discuss this further then you're welcome to PM me or any other moderator here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My mpg update, with 3,000 miles....

City Type Driving: 24-27

Open Road: 31-32

Surprisingly good, I think...that 6sp transmission lends itself well to good mpg.

A bit noisier than my '07 Mariner w/V6 that gets 19--26 mpg city--road driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts