hi all new escape owner here
i got an 06 xlt escape about 2 weeks ago
1st question is im new to this computer stuff
so how do i post pics?
cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Welcome to the city. I hope you have a great time here. On how to post pictures. Go to the directory assistance forum and there are instruction there.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Welcome, escapedtroy!! Glad to have you here!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Hi escapedtroy,

Welcome to the City. I hope you are enjoying your Escape as much as I enjoy mine. As for posting pictures, click the following link for the instructions WeeBee mentioned.

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=171

Can't wait to see them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi all
yeah cheers for the welcome
just hope that there are some aussies on here too.
seems to be a fair few of u guys all over the world but not so many here
i have had a go at the pics so here they are i hope it works

i bought the car with just stock 16s but i have addedd the side steps and the wheels
any questions just ask as im sure ill do the same at some stage, i used the dealer pics for the interiour i hope thats not breaking any laws owell if it is
cheers

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome aboard. This forum has a great atmosphere, you'll enjoy it :thumb:

Great looking escape you've got there :)
I don't see many new style Escapes with the V6 in them. How long have you had it for?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bought it stock 2 weeks ago
put the side steps on it last monday
and the wheels on saturday
now lookign at some sort of suspension set up not to sure on just springs or an air bag kit
yeah finding a newer one with v6 and floor shift was hard believe me most are column which i wasnt to keen on

cheers

·
Super Moderator
14,902 Posts
That Escape is awesome! You guys "down under" get such good looking Escapes stock, that when you mod them up a little, they look great!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Ditto on the awesome Escape! Wowza!!!!!!!!!
:wave: :taz: :wave: :taz: :wave: :taz:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some do look great stock but there seems to be a fair bit of variation between them here too.
as i have not seen any other xlt sports with the same headlights but i have seen a xls with the same lights
what is it that we get that all of you guys dont get, being new to escapes im not totally up on all the little bits and pieces
cheers

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello escapedtroy! That is a sharp looking escape. It appears quite pristine. :) I like how the chrome effect on sidesteps, and the shiny mag wheels contrast with the escape black duco. Eventually i will set up some deep dish mags for my 2.3 Litre four pot 06 XLT escape.

Where did you source the sidesteps from? They definitely have a visual appeal. Can imagine when you are cruising around that the black escape must turn quite a few heads. Me currently resides in south australia. Have determined you are interstate somewhere. Anyway welcome to the escape forum.

Have almost finished accessorising my suv. Basically the last projects, will be a pair of HID 240 Lightforce spotlights and some nice wheel mags.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
See, escapedtroy....the City has plenty of Aussies! :D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oy Oy Oy!!

hehe

Love the Escape dude. Do your guys instruments go by kilometers or miles?

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Your entire front end is different - different hood, headlights, grill, and bumper cover. You have a rear fog light, which we don't, as well as the round back-up lights (ours are moulded into the taillight assembly). Your interior also has quite a few visual upgrades, as your Escapes are meant to be higher-end than ours are. Our Escapes are meant to be entry-level, with many "cool toys" reserved for Explorers or even bigger models.

Those side-steps are really good looking. Are they moulded out of plastic?

·
Registered
321 Posts
MadMax said:
That Escape is awesome! You guys "down under" get such good looking Escapes stock, that when you mod them up a little, they look great!
I agree completely, I'm still jealous of your guys' Escapes down under.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
good to see a fairs few aussies
yeah im from sydney, and the side steps i got through ARB they are made by kingsleys i think it is and they are the blade runner series, they also make an integra series but the blade runner is the newest on the market so i went for them.
i saw the spot lights you are talkign about at ARB they look sweet, im guessing they are the massive ones?

i didnt realise that there were so many differences between the two versions

cheers

1 - 20 of 42 Posts