My apology, but i just do not find it inspiring. :shrug:
Upon observing photo gallery,the mind went OOK! What is that?. :shock: :lol:

The interior looks snazzy.

As regards exterior design, just not my cup of tea. :boring: :shrug: :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I see a four-door Toyota Solara.

And now I know what Ford is doing with their soon-to-be-replaced 2+2 instrument clusters -- they're selling them to GM.

Meh.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I think my mom would like this car. Me, not so much. :)

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
jpark said:
I see a four-door Toyota Solara.

And now I know what Ford is doing with their soon-to-be-replaced 2+2 instrument clusters -- they're selling them to GM.

Meh.
I like GM's old 2+eleventy clusters.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
The front looks a little Toyota Avalon like, the rear looks like the old Saturn products that are now redundant/obsolete. I know now where some of the Saturn designers were reemployed and am reminded that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...Toyota. :(

I'm with the rest of you, not for me!

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
[Soapbox]
I've been following this a little... being a current Regal owner/driver this is a giant leap in the right direction. Yeah you can make all the comparison's you want... I say put your butt in the seat and push the pedals and you'll most likely have a change of heart. You may not buy one but you'll think of it differently. That's exactly how we got into the Escape. Hadn't even considered it at the time, but we got in it, and in 5 minutes our minds were made up. The same experience with our current Regal, thought humph... I'll drive it... sold. You want comfort, decent power, and it's been dependable for us. It may be considered blah but what four door sedan today really stands out from the rest that you can't say the front looks like this or the back looks like that?

I believe this is basically an Opel Insignia that has been Regalized. The Insignia was going to be sold in the US under the Saturn name before it went away so I guess GM moved it over to Buick. Now if they do a Regal GS based on the Insignia OPC... :drool:

And Dasha dear... Buick is no longer gunning for you're Mom, they are trying to break through that brain block people have, as tough as it may be, and want to attract the non AARP crowd.

As a whole I like it. They probably will leave it underpowered though. :wall:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I saw one at Tinseltown Movie Theater. In the parking lot. Octogenarian driver. I guess he didn't get the memo.

My wife saw it and threw up :barf: ...and she has owned two Buicks :shock: !

Admittedly a Skylark and a Century station wagon, both given to her by her mom and dad. :lol:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Sorry to hear your wife had an adverse reaction... must have been the 2010 LaCrosse she saw? I don't think the Regal is out yet. "Octogenarian"... good one. :lol: That's going to be a tough mindset for Buick to overcome. I have a co-worker that is quite a bit older than I that has an older (2000's) Park Avenue Ultra that he loves. I showed the new LaCrosse to him and he hates it. A small victory for Buick? :shrug:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
It was the Regal. I think it was in town for a consumer marketing test study. Sort of a common thing in our area. Fairly broad cross section of the country's population in the DFW area. That and the area is pretty wealthy and buys alot of the car production. So the mfgrs. tend to cater to people around here. Just my opinion. Dodge has routinely tested their trucks here. There was also a couple of the other guys cars nearby the Buick, all with factory tags: Taurus, Chrysler 300, Camry, Suzuki something and Impala.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Oh cool, and sounds like a fun place to hang out at. :yes:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Where, DFW or Tinseltown?

:lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Yes, it can be fun. If you can catch them at their Consumer Survey group best! They come and go in a couple of days. Hanging out is out of the question.

About the largest survey group that I ever saw was back in the ninties. They were doing a consumer test group of housewives that owned Explorers and were looking for something larger. The test vehicle? 1997 Expedition. About four of them IIRC, one Bronco, an Explorer and a couple Chevy Blazers (big ones then, aka Tahoe now). These guys ran me off. I suppose they didn't want me to ruin their survey of the ladies in the marketing study. :bill:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
I read a quick blurb in Motor Trend this morning that they are considering a Turbo v6 and calling it the Grand National. THAT would be cool...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Boy that beats the piss out of my first car (1991 TAN with brown ragtop roof Buick Regal) hahahah

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Cann't help but think that some of this Buick product line should be called a Pontiac :bill: . Grand National is the only performance car since the late 60s, earliest of the 70s that could be called a Buick performance car :roll: . Pontiac on the other hand would have worn the moniker of Gran Prix like nobody's business and sold the heck out of the car. :doh: Just my $.02. ;)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It looks like everything else on the road.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts