Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

New Car!

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  US MARINER 1 
#1 ·
Well yesterday ended the Bogota Motorshow, there were pretty good deals on new cars so I decided to buy a new car for the fam! (actually is for my -soon to be- wife).

Its a 2011 Renault Sandero 1.6, its pretty basic but gets the job done! and im really happy i got it in such a good price, and with 0% interest for 36 months.

I think i'll be receiving it at the end of this week, as soon as i get it, ill post pics!

#3 ·
Basic isn't bad. Especially for a first car.

My first car was basic. I have fond memories of it, and even have looked for a survivor of that car nowadays. I suppose to relive those first drives. :shades:

So, you did good for your kiddo.

#8 ·
Yes, but it is a Renault. Just kidding.

Does Ford, or other American car companies, build vehicles in Columbia? I think when I bought my Escape it was one of the highest percentage of "Made in America" parts and assembly that one could buy.

#9 ·
SUVord said:
Good choice Molano.
If it is anything close to the Romanian Dacia you cannot go wrong.They are tough little wonders.I wish you and your wife-to-be many happy miles with it.
Thanx! it is the same Dacia Sandero 1.6 8v, you guys get in Europe...both the Logan and the Sandero (Stepway, Line 1.6 16v, etc) are really appreciated around here.
KC5ZRQ said:
Yes, but it is a Renault. Just kidding.

Does Ford, or other American car companies, build vehicles in Columbia? I think when I bought my Escape it was one of the highest percentage of "Made in America" parts and assembly that one could buy.
Well, in Colombia are built from GM the Corsa (i dunno, if it is still being ensambled), the Spark both GT and basic (the GT is the one that is going to be sold in the US, the basic is the one sold before that in Europe) and the Optra (Lacetti in the world), the Cruze is currently being imported from Korea, but the plans are to be built here in Colombia also. They also build some commercial ones, NKR, NPR..and other.

Ford (actually CCA, which also builds mazdas) builds the Ranger, The Cargo (commercial) in different capacities, and used to made the Laser (a rebadged mazda protege).

Renault builds the Clio, Sandero, Logan, Twingo and Symbol
Mazda builds the Bt50 (a twin for the Ranger), and other commercial vehicles..

I believe a lot of commercial trucks from Freightliner (or other brand...kenworth? i dunno..sorry) and some other are in some way finished here (they are partially built when imported).

Many of these cars are exported to many places in South and Central America...from Mexico to Argentina.

#11 ·
Well i was in debt of some pics! Here they are, im sorry the car is so dirty, but its been raining crazy around here (Some places are flooded and are currently being evacuated, in the city and in the Country).

Only mods so far are window tints and mirror and hubcaps locks. Hopefully ill get some rims in the near future. Pics where taken on an alley behind the mazda dealership where i have my MAzda!

This was when i was getting the car from the dealer, behind the car there is a 2011 Escape, Renault Scenic, VW GLI all where being delivered at the same time.
Due to the rain VW, Ford, Renault and mazda dealers (all are in the same block), where delivering the cars in the back, on the car wash of the Chevrolet Dealer :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.