Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my flex pipe/ y pipe is starting to go. The outter mesh material has detached at the front of where it attaches to the pipe. Not leakin yet, but I figure ill be proactive and change it out. The replacements I have seen are these the first by walker and the second by Bosal. And the one I found on ebay. Just thinking the first two have poor designs because the exhaust flow seems to flow in opposing directions from the front and rear cylinders. Just check out where the pipe Y's to the flex pipe. The one on ebay seems like the exhaust would flow more free. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
304 Posts
megascape said:
I agree with you, however, Walker has a great reputation and is a very highly regarded product.
I agree with megascape, i think i would go with Walker based on their reputation alone.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Honda sells Bosal as their "discount line" and I've used it with great success. Don't be afraid of them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on the pictures the Walker pipe would have better flow than the Bosal. Bosal's pipe is a horrible design.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If just the flex portion is trashed and the rest of the pipe is solid, you can have a new flex portion welded in. Had it done on a probe. I think it cost me $40 to have the flex replaced. To replace the Y-pipe was over $200 so it was definately worth the savings. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I did the same thing on my Probe and on my 3000gt. The reason I did it on the 3000gt was because they wanted $800.00 for the pipe (just the pipe). I was thinking about doing the same. I found a pipe on ebay for 110 shipped. and a walker pipe for 140 shipped. The thing that I noticed is that the Oem Y pipe has a lot of shielding welded to it. I guess its for heat and noise reduction. I might just take the piece out and weld a new one in its place becuase the whole exhaust is in excellent shape except for the flex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts