Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some new bulbs for the fogs. Putco Pure Ion Spark White 3800K bulbs. Thanks to JPark for getting me the correct bulb info. I was going to order them but figured I would check the local car place to see if they were in stock. Yes indeed. Thursdays my wife has school so I get 3 hours to myself. So in they went.

Took about an hour total. The first one took a while as I needed to determine where the fender well bolts were. Peeled that back and could reach right in and pull out the bulbs. Quick connect and reassemble the well. Fairly easy. They are a beautiful white color. They are fairly brighter than the stockers. Really I wanted the whiteness factor increased as the factory ones seem to be slightly yellow in color. I like bright white for lights....

I also finally got a new rear plate and got rid of the dealer one. This one is clean with nice fancy bolt covers. Plus it covers the lower holes.

Couple pics:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Good job there sinister mob. :thumb:
You will be happy with those globes.

Have upgraded my, factory stock bulbs to ' Narva Arctic Blue '.
As you mentioned, the light has a white output.
Quite happy with my lights, as there is not even a hint of yellow.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JEFFOS69 said:
Nice - what size were the bulbs 5202?
Yep 5202. I still haven't driven the car at night since installing them. Seems like I get home before dark with the extended daylight hours. I am looking forward to the first foggy night.

·
Registered
679 Posts
stone said:
Good job there sinister mob. :thumb:
You will be happy with those globes.

Have upgraded my, factory stock bulbs to ' Narva Arctic Blue '.
As you mentioned, the light has a white output.
Quite happy with my lights, as there is not even a hint of yellow.
Where did u get the Narva Arctic Blue from? Are the fog bulbs easy to remove?

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello andjayik.
My service tech ordered them, from a " REPCO " auto parts shop.
I got him to install them.

·
Registered
679 Posts
yes, i have one to and have no problem.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you (or anyone else on here) had any issues with overheating and melting with the new fog lights? Or have you not had them on for an extended period of time? The fog lights are not an all the time kind of thing but with the new bulbs they sure look slick and would be tempting not to keep them on at all times.

·
Registered
79 Posts
FYI, the 13 inch antenna from stubbyantenna.com is not an exact fit for a 2010 Escape. They provide a variety of adapters but only one fits, sort of. Maybe I am inept but I was unable to use the black adapter for the install as well. Like I said, only one double ended screw fits and you need a wrench to really get it on the vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts