Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went ahead and replaced the chrome grille on my 09 Black XLT 4x4 with an all black grille. I think it looks great and stands out a lot more from the other escapes around town! I also replaced that long antenna with a short antenna as well. Here are some pics!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Much improved - congrats. I installed a shorty antenna on my Mustang and although the "whip look" is gone, so is most of my reception where I live. My 'scape is keeping it's whip for a while longer for me.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The grille was pretty tricky to replace, so I went to my local Ford dealership and worked on it with one of the body repair guys. They put way too many bolts on the newer models, two of which are very hard to get to, as they are located very close to the headlights.

I am also not too handy, so I would have certainly messed it up if I didnt seek help haha!

But I love the way it looks. Going to get the front two windows tinted in the spring, and will hopefully snap some more photos when the weather gets better here so I can give my escape a good wash.

·
Registered
679 Posts
looks chrome to me?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
NYCescape said:
The grille was pretty tricky to replace, so I went to my local Ford dealership and worked on it with one of the body repair guys. They put way too many bolts on the newer models, two of which are very hard to get to, as they are located very close to the headlights.

I am also not too handy, so I would have certainly messed it up if I didnt seek help haha!

But I love the way it looks. Going to get the front two windows tinted in the spring, and will hopefully snap some more photos when the weather gets better here so I can give my escape a good wash.
You should tell me how much... so that I can get that quote from my dealer's body shop too. Did you paint it yourself? It will probably be hard for me to find matching paint for my car.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should tell me how much... so that I can get that quote from my dealer's body shop too. Did you paint it yourself? It will probably be hard for me to find matching paint for my car.
I did not pay through the dealer's body shop as that would have been too expensive, I gave the guy 50 bucks to do the job. I suggest you get a quote from the dealer and if it is too much I would try to look elsewhere.

I bought mine painted from this site: tascafordparts.com. They were very helpful and it cost me 175 painted with shipping included.
You can ask them if they have the color you would like to match up.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very nice! I like both changes.

I think they'll only have the black, red and silver direct from Ford as its part of the SAP package. Do you mind sharing the part number?

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
Nutty 50 said:
I think they'll only have the black, red and silver direct from Ford as its part of the SAP package.
Actually for the SAP Escapes, the grilles are all black.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nutty 50 said:
Very nice! I like both changes.

I think they'll only have the black, red and silver direct from Ford as its part of the SAP package. Do you mind sharing the part number?
Thanks. I actually ordered an unpainted grille for the 08-10 model years and then had it painted black through tascafordparts.com.

So I think you can pretty much ask them to have it painted any color you would like.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ophiruchus said:
Nutty 50 said:
I think they'll only have the black, red and silver direct from Ford as its part of the SAP package.
Actually for the SAP Escapes, the grilles are all black.
Good call! My bad; thinking of the rocker panels lol! :doh: :hyst:

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah i can see how some may see it as chrome black, i think it is because of my escape being in a semi-lit garage and it being daylight out.

Hopefully when the weather gets better I could snap some new pics, but wanted to get the pics out there to you guys!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts