Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, my name is Ryne. I just got back from the first long trip with my Escape and figured I'd share a couple pictures. Erie, PA to around Fayetteville, WV.

I went rafting with some friends on the New river in West Virginia. First time rafting... wasn't too exciting but the guides said the water level is pretty low so maybe that had something to do with it.

Down there is the New River

There's the lot of us... I'm on the far right

I got 29mpg on the way there, which is the best I've done so far.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Love your Escape! :thumb: Welcome to the City!!! :beer:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
You're right about Vista Blue. It looks awesome.

I tried to order a 2008 Escape Hybrid last spring. When I selected power moonroof, a pop-up told me that my selection of the power moonroof required "the following change: Oxford White replaces Vista Blue."

I spent months wondering if the metal flakes in the Vista Blue paint interfered with the moonroof operation.

:bill:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, that makes no sense why you couldn't get blue. I had to special order mine to get one that didn't have any options on it. But when it came in, it was the only vehicle on the convoy, so that was pretty cool haha

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Very nice color! Love it! Welcome to the forum! I went rafting on the upper gulley when I was there a few years back. It was very exciting then. I think we hit 2 class 5's and a lot of class 4's....it was good stuff!! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I used to raft, and tube. Too bad you did not have some water to play in...er at least more of it. And yeah, the more water the better. :yes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We went with Rivermen... they said the Upper Gauley trips were going to start in three weeks and they promised the rapids would be bigger. I think I'll stick to playing in fires though... don't have to drive as far for that.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
nice pics! and are you full time or volunteer? around here the volunteers just get a green strobe light for their windshield, and license plates that have the symbol in them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Volunteer for now. I've had thoughts about trying out for the City of Erie... not sure what I want to do yet. A green strobe here means that's where the Command vehicle is - generally only on huge incidents.

We had a guy from Canada in our last structural burn class, but I can't remember where he was from at the moment. Good story, I know... :doh:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice "whacker" lights, Ryno! :)

When I moved from WV to Pittsburgh, I always pulled over for blues, then wondered why they passed me on up! In WV only po-po use blues, everyone else gets reds only.

Had a friend who is a police officer from here that was driving also down to the New River a few years back. A blue light came up behind him on the interstate, so he just sped up. Soon, there were SEVERAL blues behind him (all unmarked staties), so he figured he was already doing around 80mph and he's just slow down and let them all pass (he couldn't figure out at the time why they weren't just passing him in the passing lane.....) Well, two pulled in front of him and they did a rolling block. He said he was hella confused until it dawned on him that hey, these blue lights ALSO are using sirens. They got him out at gunpoint. He told them he was 'on the job' as well and explained to them that in PA, blues only are not police. They all had a good laugh and let the "northern boy" go with a warning.

Nice lookin' Escape and next time, be sure to hit the Upper Gulley!

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I've hit the upper gulley! I think....lol It was a great time! That's is one awesome story by the way!! :kneel: :kneel:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No wonder I didn't get pulled over for speeding the whole trip! :angel: haha

I've watched enough episodes of Cops that I knew down south and out west they use only blues for cops. On the west coast fire/rescue/ems use red and blue... it's different everywhere, so it's no wonder people can get confused.

And yes, I am a whacker and proud of it :thumb: There's a couple videos of our department on youtube if you search for Stancliff Hose Company. The profile they're under is my buddy's, not mine, but all the videos I made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.