Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

RickyBird (not sure of her new name!) invited me to join this new forum. She really provided me alot of help trying to get registered at E-C.com! Thanks for starting this new forum!

I purchased a 2008 Escape XLT 6cyl FWD in mid-January and haved loved every minute of driving it...just broke 1K!!! We traded in a 2006 Expedition that was getting just about 6 miles to the gallon (yeah...I know...I barked up many trees but the dealer insisted nothing was wrong!). Currently I am getting about 16-17 mpg city and I just tickled 28 mpg on a 60 minute HWY drive yesterday...all on regular unleaded...oh yeah!!! :D

I'll have pictures of my baby soon, but the weather has been SO terrible in NW Missouri that it hasn't paid to really give it a good cleaning (I still rinse it once a week!). I am not that auto savvy so I am sure there'll be lots of questions!

Thanks again to RickyBird for her help and to those who have setup this new forum!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Welcome to our new hangout! Rickeybird goes by KiKi here....

Congrats on your new Escape - can't wait to see your pics!! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hi there! Glad you joined up. Please post pix as soon as you can - you know how we all love the pix!!!

In any case, welcome to the neighborhood! We are a friendly bunch - at leaast we try... :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Welcome to our new world! Hope you stay awhile and have some fun! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Welcome to the new board! Even though there isn't a lot of info to search on in here, feel free to ask us anything. You will for sure get an answer!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Hey Scott, you better get busy and load up some information from that vast storehouse of stuff you have! :cheers:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yea, between the awesome data base that Jon's got & the technical knowhow here (I was a flat-rate mechanic in a car dealer for 10 years & also sold Snap-On tools), pretty much any question you have can be answered fairly easily in most cases.

~John

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
The check's in the mail, John.

I'm gonna go broke at this rate.

:bill:

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Yeah I need to start pulling info from that database....its sooo much to read though! lol

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Better get started then, Scooter. We know you can do it :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I'll do it sometime lol

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Hay Scottie, Maybe start with the most frequent questions and searches like,

- Idle issues and the IAC
- mis-fire/coil packs
- Rear window and A-pilar squeeks
- Head light upgrades
- Intake Mods
- X-cal tuners

Pete - Let me know if you need any help finding or we can re-write them.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have a question about the moonroof switch over in the "How To" section. Any of you knowledgeable guys want to help with that one? :D

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Thanks SurfScape...Ill see what I can come up with

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Kiki said:
I have a question about the moonroof switch over in the "How To" section. Any of you knowledgeable guys want to help with that one? :D
That's easy......just throw some pixie dust on it!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts