Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad insisted that he buy me a new head unit for my car for my birth day. So I picked out one that I liked and had it installed the next day. I am happy with it, I just need to figure out how to get it to stop going to the demo mode after about 15 minutes of playing my ipod.

(sorry, camera is still broken so I used my cell phone)

It's making my want to get some new speakers and maybe put my two spare amp's to work and get a sub. I like Surfscape's MTX enclosure so I might go that route.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah, I dont like asking for things. My birthday was August 19th and it took him and my mom until now to get me to let them get me a present. I was looking on Crutchfield.com for some 5x7's and they aren't too expensive so I might get some new ones later on this month if I feel comfortable spending the cash. Then after I get my exhuast system that i've been wanting then I will look into a sub set up. BUT, paying off my credit card debt is MUCH more important then some speakers.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Congratulations on the new head unit 02escape. :) Your parents would have enjoyed watching your happy reaction. I mention this because my parents are still circulating. Yes, i admit that i still care about them. How does that phrase go? Basically " I think the world of them" or something like that. :)

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Very sharp and nice install! I personally like my stock speakers...I think they sound pretty darn good. What I like about aftermarket head units is they can take the stock speakers and make them sound like aftermarket speakers too. I have a clear crisp sound coming out of mine...don't really see a need for anything more right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest, i'm not 100% positive that they are stock speakers since all of the other parts of the system were changed. But with this aftermarket one it has deffinatly livened up the speakers and makes them sound WAY better than before. But, I think some new speakers would really help out some.

And Stone, I think thats how that saying goes too. :lol: I always make fun of my parents but they mean the world to me.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
02escape said:
paying off my credit card debt is MUCH more important then some speakers.
Looks like a nice unit. I like your thinking...
:)P

·
Registered
77 Posts
jonas1022 said:
02escape said:
paying off my credit card debt is MUCH more important then some speakers.
Looks like a nice unit. I like your thinking...
:)P
X2! Way to be responsible. If you do decide on some aftermarket speakers, I just replaced the stereo system in my F150 and used some Alpine Type R SPR-57C's and they sound great. You can buy them on eBay for about $80 shipped and they are the best speakers you can buy for the money (IMHO). I will be adding them to my Escape as soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think that the stock speakers are excellent, for what they are, and that they sound better with more power, or with a source unit that doesn't adjust the bass/loudness, etc on it's own (factory Ford stereos do this...they allow a lot of bass at lower volumes, and then cut it back as the volume is raised to half or more). I know that the stock sub can take some serious abuse, as I've had some songs on that are very bass-y and figure it must be going like crazy, but I open the hatch and look at it, and I can see the MACH emblem on the dustcap of the sub only moving a little bit.

Looks like you got a decent head unit, and if I were you, I'd only get a single 10" sub and put it in a sealed box (like the 1/4 panel version from MTX), and drive it with 250-300 watts RMS, and call it a day...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I stole my mom's camera and got some better pics of it so I will load those on photobucketz later and post them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts