Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just recently bought an red 01 ford escape xlt...it has 118k miles on it and I am the 2nd owner. It currently has some front end cosmetic damage. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the front plastic bumper that I needed.. Where is a good place to buy it? what do they usually cost?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum! :thumb:

Found this on ^his^ suggestion. :D

Start moddin' rigght away... :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Local junk yard will find it for you and have it shipped in if you really want a good one to repair the damage. What's broken or bent behind the cover is the true issue. You may have some fun getting your 01 back in shape.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jonas1022 said:
Local junk yard will find it for you and have it shipped in if you really want a good one to repair the damage. What's broken or bent behind the cover is the true issue. You may have some fun getting your 01 back in shape.
I have found a couple on ebay, but they say either no fog light holes(which i need) and some say no molding holes(no idea what that means). THe front end damage was done by the previous owner 40k miles ago. He owned the dealership, no serious damage done just cosmetic. The plastic bumper was cracked and the fog light on the right side broke out (still in there just tucked back) most damage was done to the hood so he grabbed one off a red escape with hail damage for free...so there are a few hail marks on just the hood, and its not the right shade of red... :wave:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so after some researching it appears that the foglights do indeed have brackets...it was hard to tell for me as I have not yet removed my bumper. The old foglight brackets must have been broken or something, regardless do they have a part number???

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
If you have a 2001-2004 Escape, the part numbers are:

YL8Z-15266-AA (right bracket)
YL8Z-15266-AB (left bracket)

2005-2006 Escape fog lamps are sold as an entire module, including the bracket:

2M5Z-15200-AB (both sides)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jpark said:
If you have a 2001-2004 Escape, the part numbers are:

YL8Z-15266-AA (right bracket)
YL8Z-15266-AB (left bracket)

2005-2006 Escape fog lamps are sold as an entire module, including the bracket:

2M5Z-15200-AB (both sides)
Thank You! Does anybody know about what they cost at the stealership?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:thumb:

The 2001-2004 brackets (I'm guessing that those are the ones you're looking for) are $38.38 each on parts.com as of this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
You can cut the fog light openings out and clean it with a rotary grinder if you can't find one with the proper holes.

I'll try to find a picture I have of the plastic brackets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts