Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm John from Maryland and I just bought a 2003 Escape. I like it very much and it was well taken care of. I do all my own car work. I'll be hanging out here to learn and share.

It's a V6 4WD with 94k on the ticker.

Good to be here. I'll see if I can get a picture posted.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,593 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!!! You and your NANNER will fit right in. :clap:

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Wow... That's a great looking Nanner No Boundries! :thumb: Glad you joined up and looking forward to future posts. :yes: Good luck with it! :peace:

·
Registered
197 Posts
:whistle:

Welcome to the board. Lot of nice people and plenty of help when you need it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

You see, I'm learning already. I had no idea I had a "No Boundries" Escape. I had to look that up to see what it was. Now I know more about the roof rack features. I guess I need to read the owners manual some more.

I changed the oil, air filter and fuel filter so far. Believe it or not, the factory fuel filter was still on there after 93k. It was plugged so hard I couldn't blow through it. I'm surprised it wasn't acting up. The truck is in very good shape and the crankcase is clean as a whistle. I can't imagine why the fuel filter wasn't changed.

I'm doing the spark plugs next so I'll have the intake off. What else is easier to get at while the intake is off? I have a PCV and a Tstat ready to go. What else should I consider?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Top of the morning to you all.
New here from the land of the Mavericks.
Owner of a 2004 3l with 122k kilometres on the trip-meter, 70k of which are done on rally raids in Greece.
I am glad to join your group and look forward to your comments.
It is pretty hot today over here in Athens, Greece, so any and all freezing jokes are welcomed.
Keep well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts