Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I don't know if it is the same article, but here is a link to similar story on the same Reuters site:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssElectricalComponentsEquipment/idUSN1443350220090414

Even though Holland Mich is a little ways from the Detroit area, the plant will provide approximately 500 new jobs when completed. Michigan has the highest unemployment rate in the country (12%) and Detroit current sits at 22%, twice the national average. Although I am a little concerned whth the relatively limited places where lithium can be mined (the Andes mountains of Chile, Argentina and Bolivia, and some in China), this move to EHV technology is definitely a move in the right direction.

-Dave

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dave has the correct link and concept. Here is the other item. Johnson Controls-Saft is based in Glendale, Wisconsin. I lived in Glendale years ago and it is just north of Milwaukee. There is a Lake Michigan ferry service via "Lake Express" that probably saves 3-4 hours of driving time when compared to the drive from Milwaukee thru Chicago thru Gary, Indiana and up the western Michigan coast. I can not speculate on corporate air travel which would be even faster--if a smaller regional airfield is available.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
I may wait a year or two after you buy your 2012 Escape. I want to see how good it works, and let any bugs be taken out as it may be the last set of wheels that I will ever buy! :angel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts