Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know a buddy and myself are now making skids for:
2001 to present, Ford Escapes, Tributes and Mariners
2000 to 2006 Jeep TJ
Ford Ranger 4X4
Ford Bronco II
Ford Explorer
1/8" aluminum, or stainless and all mounting hardware

On the Escapes if you have a Bull Bar with a mini skid it cuts cost a fair amount due to no brackets needed and minimal hardware.
We are also making skids to cover the gas and hydraulic lines.
we can pretty make anything you ask for pending what you are willing to pay as long as it is out of metal..........and it's to protect the Escape from under carriage damage.

The pics of mine were demo pics and the products are now a few dollars more but much more "professional" looking.
If we get enough feedback and interest I will post some pics. If we get more then 5 orders from the board we will take 50 off of each order.
The Escape skid cost 194 plus shipping w/o the Bull Bar and 134 w Bull Bar. PM for cost break down if you have any questions.
thanks for the read
Phil
KRFAB :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey are actually moving out of the garage and into a small shop next month. It's small but it will work for our weekend business. 20X20. We will have a arc, tig and mig machine, a break that will break up to 14gauge cold roll and alum. 18guage stainless and a shear.. :yahoo: :yahoo:

·
Super Moderator
16,330 Posts
Good for you megascape :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Entrepreneur :thumb: :thumb:
Good thing :thumb:

FrenchC

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we are currently working on one for a person in Canada that will be the final product for the skids. Once it's complete and I gather the time and costs I'll post. We are also trying to figure out some type of rear bumper that will be nice to look at, says it's tuff but easy to mount.. Feel free to post a design.

·
Registered
122 Posts
That'd be me !
Looking forward to it Mega !!
we'll be sure to take lots of pictures from delivery through to finished install :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Looking forward to it as well, Mega. When you say bumpers do you mean like the aftermarket ones I see on things like Dodge Rams and such? Or it it like a bumper guard. Can't wait to see pics of the skids, may be something to look into for my E someday coupled with the bull bar I am planning on getting.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.