Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just joined up here and figured I would post an introduction. I recently purchased a new 09 FWD 4 cylinder Escape XLT through military new car sales out here in Iraq. I havent even seen the car in person yet but i was informed it was built this week. I'll pick it up when I return to the U.S.
I chose silver exterior and black interior.
It's an XLT with the moon n tune package. I did want 4x4 but for what i was willing to pay, I had to choose between the sunroof+satellite radio (which i would use daily) or 4x4 with no options. So i chose not to go the 4x4 route. I figured the front wheel drive would do fine in the snow either way and i only go off road to go camping every couple months. I rarely go too far off the beaten path. I think the front wheel drive escape is still better than going mini van at least! lol
I'm happy to read about the newer 6 speed auto and added horsepower this year.
I'm a ford guy. My other car is a 2000 Mustang GT Convertible with lots of stuff. I needed the Escape as a family car,seeing as I just got married and have a baby on the way. Also my parent command is in Chicago and the winters there are horrible for my mustang the last 2 years! So its an SUV for the winters now. I also ordered it months ago when gas was still high and a 4 cylinder was a must have to offset what i'm spending on gas with my mustang.
Generic image of what my escape should look like...

My 00 mustang gt...

-steve

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Hello EscapeSteveXLT. Your mustang cabriolet looks nice. Also congratulations on the new escape, plus :welcome:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
EscapeSteveXLT said:
I chose silver exterior and black interior.
I can tell we are gonna get along just fine!! :D

Welcome to the City! You're gonna love it here.....lots of helpful and knowledgeable members with a tad of fun mixed in.
:wave: :beer: :wave:
(Love your mustang too!)

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Hi Steve !!

Smart choice on purchasing an Escape. Sounds very nice. :)
Your Mustang is awesome !! :thumb:

Congrats to you on getting married and your upcoming addition to your family !! :)
Also, thank you very much for serving our country !! :heart:

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
Welcome to the City Steve. Congratulations to you on your upcoming addition and for your Escape as well.

Thank you for your service to our country. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Most important... THANK YOU FOR YOU SERVICE...

WELCOME TO THE CITY...

NICE STABLE OF FORDS YOUR BUILDING THERE!!!

Congrates on the New life that awaits you. Take a deep breath things are going be very different than they ever have before. If you thought IRAQ was dangerous proposition try a wife and child :bag:

·
Registered
267 Posts
First off we all appreciate your service to our country :yes:

Second, welcome to EC!! You'll like it here, plus all your questions will get answered so fire away! :thumb:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcoming. I've been surfing around checking out you guys' threads. i want to find more parts for my 09 escape. I've located some items online but i don't want to go to overboard because it isn't a 4x4 after all but there's a few things I'd like to see in my escape's future.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
From one vet to another thanks for what you are doing. Second, welcome to the city and congrats on the new Escape. And a huge congrats on the marriage and baby coming into your world. :wave: :rockon: :beer:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
Welcome to the board, and congratulations on the baby :beer:

I have a FWD Escape and have pretty brutal winters up here. I have winter tires that are more oriented towards snow performance (deep square lugs), and I have had no problems through even foot-high snow. The only times I have been stuck with these tires is once on a rural road where what I thought was a shoulder was really a two foot drop into the ditch, and another time where a dip in the road collected about three feet of snow (up to my hood). In either case, I'm not sure if AWD would have helped me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Welcome aboard - and my thanks to you and your fellow servicemen and servicewomen for your dedication to our country. Be safe over there!

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
From a former Serviceman, to an Active Duty Serviceman: Thank You!

Nice choice in the Escape and your color choices are consistent! :yes:

I hope you enjoy your new life as a Husband and soon to be Dad, I wouldn't trade mine for the single life. Please continue to enjoy the forum! :rockon:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
:welcome:

Thank you for your service to our country, and thanks for joining us here.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your new Escape, any idea when you'll get it? Nice Mustang too, my friend is always trying to convince me to get that body style convertable GT for a "fun" car. Looks good in silver as well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
welcome bro
stay safe it seems like so many americans have been killed over there. i feel for the families left behind it seems so unfair

good luck
cheers

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Thank you for your service bud! I'm happy to have you on our side!!

Congrats to your new Wife, soon-to-be kid, and Escape! You'll have a blast with all of them!! :bill:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C, and congrats on your new baby (and your new baby)!

Thanks for your service. We really appreciate it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks again for the warm welcome. the 09 escape has already been built and is sitting at a dealership already, waiting to be picked up. i made my last payment on it today. so it is paid off and i havent even seen the vehicle in person yet. i'll be back in late march early april and i'll pick it up then.
-steve

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Hell yeah dude!! Can't wait to have you back in the States!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts