Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site since buying a new to me 2008 Escape. My name is Michael and is my new daily driver replacing a 2004 Ranger Edge extracab.

I have a few mods already planned including: tint, a stainless exhaust tip (it just looks to plain), painted handles, and some better floormats. I am going to begin the modding tomorrow by installed a Code Alarm remote start. I am also going to have some regular keys made to get rid of the bulky built in transmitter key since the remote start transmitters will lock/unlock and open the rear window anyway

We are a Ford family: I also have a 2004 F150 Super Crew, my girlfriend drives a 2007 Ford Edge SEL, my dad has 2 F150's (2006 King Ranch Super Crew and a 2007 Extracab) and my sister has a 2008 Edge Limited.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,585 Posts
Great looking Excape there Michael!!!!

Glad you joined us!!! :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C! I have part numbers for your door handles in your other thread, along with factory installation instructions.

viewtopic.php?f=14&p=21430#p21430

Enjoy!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all of the kind words and 'Welcomes', I am glad to be here. I am really enjoying the Escape-it is so fun to drive!

Surfscape said:
Hi and Welcome to the city :yahoo: ,

Does this code alarm system deactivate the PATS system if you used a blank key?

Just curious how that works, thanks
The RS has a bypass unit that is programmed with 2 keys and will only activate when the RS starts the vehicle. The bypass kits that I use do NOT make you give up a key and does not deactivate the PATS totally, just during remote start. I did mine today and its a great easy install. I have another 2008 Escape to do Saturday and can take pics with a complete writeup if there is any interest??

willyates1 said:
Nice looking escape! What part of Mississippi are you from?
I am in Bolton, just outside of Jackson.

The mod list just keeps growing. I am adding a receiver hitch so that I can carry our bikes on a hitch mounted rack and a few other mods. I will post pics as they are completed.

jpark said:
Welcome to E-C! I have part numbers for your door handles in your other thread, along with factory installation instructions.

viewtopic.php?f=14&p=21430#p21430

Enjoy!
Thanks man!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Welcome to the City, Michael!!! :wave: :beer: :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Welcome to Escape City, you'll find all sorts of interesting people and info here! :thumb:

monkey-1 said:
The RS has a bypass unit that is programmed with 2 keys and will only activate when the RS starts the vehicle. The bypass kits that I use do NOT make you give up a key and does not deactivate the PATS totally, just during remote start. I did mine today and its a great easy install. I have another 2008 Escape to do Saturday and can take pics with a complete writeup if there is any interest??
I don't have an 08 but I'm sure the members here that do would love a writeup with pics (we Looooooove pics!). Whenever you get it together just post it in the mod section. :clap:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dasha said:
Thanks Dasha. I see that you are in Austin, great city! I grew up there and my mom still lives in Round Rock. I try to make it back there atleast once a year.

Ajax said:
Welcome to Escape City, you'll find all sorts of interesting people and info here! :thumb:

monkey-1 said:
I don't have an 08 but I'm sure the members here that do would love a writeup with pics (we Looooooove pics!). Whenever you get it together just post it in the mod section. :clap:
Will do! I have several small mods that I am planning and will take pics and do a write up on them and get them posted. There is lots of good information here and would like to be able contribute as well.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
monkey-1 said:
Dasha said:
Thanks Dasha. I see that you are in Austin, great city! I grew up there and my mom still lives in Round Rock. I try to make it back there atleast once a year.
Round Rock donuts.....mmmmmmmm!! :p

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Dasha said:
Round Rock donuts.....mmmmmmmm!! :p
Since you are close to Round Rock Dasha, I guess that means that you will be supplying the donuts for the next national donuts day ??? :D

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Mmmm... tacos... mmm...

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Same here. Just ate, and now I'm thinking of donuts... :roll:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts