Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... I noticed ************** was dying a slow painful death in contributing members so I'm picking my butt up and moving here with your blessing.

My gig is car audio and home theater, so I'll try to document my builds in a few threads for others to help them out with ideas and such.

I'm in need of some interior panels (stock from an '09), so if you know who I should get in contact for that, please let me know.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You know, the effort of free speech should continue on in forums.

I'm appalled you guys bleep out other forums.

Its not like they are competition at this time, there's roughly 10 posts a day there....may want to think about lightening up the :censor: 'ing.

·
Registered
679 Posts
welcome aboard! I to love home theatre. :beer:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Someone just explained it to me and I got the gist of why you have to bleep things, so no worries there...it makes sense.

I'm posting new threads of my builds now, feel free to comment.

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,620 Posts
Welcome to the City fourthmeal. I too was a member of that other site but saw the light.

:rockon: :hi: :welcome: :hi:

·
Premium Member
4,977 Posts
:welcome:

We have a province-wide database for the auto recyclers here. Anything like that in Nevada? The '09s will be almost impossible to find in a junkyard for a few years yet, but interior panels can survive most accidents and you might find one somewhere. Otherwise, I doubt there are any aftermarket panels for the '09 - you would have to order from the dealership.

EDIT: Actually, try sending a PM to Torrie to see if he carries one and can ship it to you. If anything, he can probably tell you the pricing for the panel.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Hiya Fourthmeal, and welcome :wave:

Nice to see you here, must admit I too have noticed that "Maverick" Central has gone very, very quiet, I wonder why................................................ :whistle: :whistle:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Just now waiting for 2 things from you, Fourthmeal.....

1, an update on (and pictures of) your "restoration project", the Dagenham Dustbin (which is what Capri's were know as over here) ;)

2, posting the Fourthmeals "You pick the audio budget" thread. I'll help you pick out the gear........ :whistle: :whistle:

Ducking down now, expecting the :fan:

:thumb:

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
camusdarrach said:

1, an update on (and pictures of) your "restoration project", the Dagenham Dustbin (which is what Capri's were know as over here) ;)

2, posting the Fourthmeals "You pick the audio budget" thread. I'll help you pick out the gear........ :whistle: :whistle:

I shall remain diplomatic. It's allright Camus. Have now regained my composure. Lucky i was not partaking of a drink. Might have dribbled some onto my shirt. Your timing is impeccable as allways. :lol: Cheers mate!. :shades: :thumb: :beer:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
camusdarrach said:

LOL. Well I can if you want me to, but the Capri is probably going away. I simply don't have the time and equipment to repair the body damage I saw during teardown. I knew it was a possibility going into the resto...but had held my fingers tightly in a crossed fashion for far too long.

As for the audio budget thread...well, hey, if it helps the community then I think I should do it. I'm good at it!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Yep, please post some piccies, as those on Central seemed to disappear for some reason :shrug:

And please, if you can/want to/feel the urge to (delete as appropriate) post your "speciality thread", as somebody with your experience in audio systems would be much appreciated, esp by me :thumb:

Indeed, Big Chris did offer me some advice on audio, but he seems to be on a holiday at the moment ;)

Nice to have you here :rockon:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Oh, and as a side thought, as both yourself, and JIMMYJOHN are now posting on here, why not make yourselves at home and create some really random thread where the posts have no relation to the topic, such as............

"I love this board, but no what I hate!"

Oopps, I can feel the :tease: moderators :tease: breathing down my neck now..... :fan:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.