Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new here. Just wanted to introduce myself, say hi, and add my escape to the site. I just picked up a 2010 Ford Escape XLT AWD, black on black. I didn't want leather, but I had to get the sync and moonroof package. Also got the cargo package as well. I traded my second car, which was a black 2006 Ford Explorer XLT V6 4x4 for it. This is my 3rd car. My first car was a gold ash 2005 Ford Escape Limited V6 4wd that was FULLY loaded. I felt sad after making the mistake of trading that one in for the explorer (which wasn't loaded :( )and so I had to go back to the escape. I'm going to post pics up soon. I want to add a couple of things to it.....1) reverse parking sensors, 2) 17" chrome clad rims, 3) spoiler (not sure if i want the one that comes with the sport appearance package or if i want the other one that comes out a little). I had the spoiler on the old escape and loved it. Sorry for the long message but I want to hear your opinions. Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats on the recent purchase! I too have a black on black escape xlt, only it is an 09. I changed out the silver grille for a black one. I had 2006 Black Eddie Bauer Explorer before the escape and loved it, but it was just killing me on gas and I didn't need such a large truck. I also am from NYC, hope to see you on the road!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah the gas was killing me too. Especially living in Manhattan. I thought about getting the 4Cyl escape but I liked the extra horsepower and thought more about the snow storms. (Not sure how the 4cyl handles that). Do you or anyone else know how to post pics on here?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You! Here are some pics....

·
Premium Member
13,541 Posts
Looks good there Slick! :thumb:

:welcome:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colleen said:
Sweet looking ride you have there! :thumb: Congrats! :)
Thank you. Hey Colleen I see your 2008 escape. very nice. Where did you get the spoiler and who installed it? I want that same spoiler. Looks awesome!

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
jc_slick said:
Colleen said:
Sweet looking ride you have there! :thumb: Congrats! :)
Thank you. Hey Colleen I see your 2008 escape. very nice. Where did you get the spoiler and who installed it? I want that same spoiler. Looks awesome!
Thank you! :) My husband is driving the Escape now. Here is a thread with a closer look at our Escape with the spoiler...

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1586

Loved the spoiler on the Escape soo much that I had to have one for my Mariner. :yes:

http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4103

Both spoilers were purchased at spoilerexpress.com and were installed at a local shop in our town. :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Judging by the orange ez-pass is it safe to assume you are in law enforcement?

Great looking escape, looks good on the streets of Manhattan where I grew up!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Congratulations on your Escape and welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks again everyone. It's actually a regular white easy pass, so i'm not in any law enforcement ;) . And yeah i'm trying to protect my escape because you know how it is out in these streets! Here's one more...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts