Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I test drove an Escape and a Mariner on March 2nd, joined Escape City on the 3rd and custom ordered a 2009 Mariner on the 4th. I have a few more weeks to wait for delivery (3-4). Hopefully it will come in early. I called my dealer yesterday and was told it is in the factory! As of right now, I'm stuck looking at my copy of the order sheet like its a dirty magazine... :shades:

For those in Austin, TX... What's your favorite scenic route in the hill country?

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,623 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spark757 said:
Haha! Why aren't you best friends with Dasha yet!? You live in Austin, AND you got a Mariner!

We wanna see pictures of your new ride as soon as you get it! What color did you order?
well you know... I believe I have seen a silver Mariner running around Austin... next time I see it I'll have to wave hi...as long as my gf isn't with me or else I might get a beat down. :rant:

I ordered the Black Clearcoat with the solid black leather interior. I was tempted to get the alcantara inserts, but decided that the solid leather would last longer and would be easier to clean.

I had to custom order the Merc since most of the dealers around here seemed to only have the Stone interior. no one within 300 miles had anything close to what I wanted...

as soon as i get it... there will be pictures.

·
Registered
256 Posts
ScotchtapeLoser said:
I have a few more weeks to wait for delivery (3-4). Hopefully it will come in early. I called my dealer yesterday and was told it is in the factory! As of right now, I'm stuck looking at my copy of the order sheet like its a dirty magazine...
Same here.

Did you lose your Scotch tape? That can be a sticky situation!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:doh:

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Congrats on the soon-to-be-yours Mariner you ordered! Now, since you don't have it yet but we still want pics, could you please go back to the Mariner dealer, and take pics of their Mariners and maybe Photoshop them into the proper colors? We would most certainly appreciate it! :yes:

Oh yea: :welcome:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Woohoo, my new best friend here has arrived! :D
Welcome to the City!!! Congrats on your new Mariner....can't wait to see it!! Remember, we'll need pics, pics, and more pics!!!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Surfscape said:
If you think the order slip gets the juices flowing wait till you meet the lady herself. Mariners have always been quite sexy... right DASHA?!?
Yep, and only the sexy people drive 'em! :)P

:lol:

ScotchtapeLoser said:
I ordered the Black Clearcoat with the solid black leather interior. I was tempted to get the alcantara inserts, but decided that the solid leather would last longer and would be easier to clean.
Awesome decision! I, too, went w/solid black leather interior. I love it....very easy to keep clean and looks sooo nice!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
prowler said:
Same here.

Actually the name is from my cat... he likes to chew on scotchtape and other types of tape to get high... after a good chew, he generally falls off the table and finds a nice spot to sit and meditate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dasha said:
Woohoo, my new best friend here has arrived! :D
Welcome to the City!!! Congrats on your new Mariner....can't wait to see it!! Remember, we'll need pics, pics, and more pics!!!
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
whaaa??? with all the triples i see around Austin, we are the only two here?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ScotchtapeLoser said:
prowler said:
Actually the name is from my cat... he likes to chew on scotchtape and other types of tape to get high... after a good chew, he generally falls off the table and finds a nice spot to sit and meditate.
I didn't know that you could drug a cat with Scotch tape - had I known that, I would have tried it on Mrs. prowlie's cat when she was younger (mini-prowler?)

·
Registered
148 Posts
iam new here myself and everyone sure makes you feel welcome, I was lucky to run across this site as you will find out as well, Dino

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just spoke to the dealer and they seem to be trying to give me the run around. I ordered my Mariner on the 4th at the dealership and called them 3 weeks later for a status update. At the time, I was told it was in the factory being built... I just called them today to get an ETA and was told that the car was just scheduled to be built.... :(

Does anyone have any experience custom ordering from Ford and how long it generally takes once a car is scheduled?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts