Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wandered over from another board, this one seems to be a lot more active! I've been lurking for a while, and already picked up a bunch of neat ideas and tips for things to do!

Anyways, figured I'd post a bit of an intro with some pictures to share.

She is a 2008 XLT V6, Tungten Grey with the tan interior. Only real option was the Canadian convenience package which included the heated front seats and side mirrors. Right now, she's bone stock with the exception of a K&N filter and some shiny chrome wheels with summer tires (18's). Next summer's plans include a Magnaflow exhaust, XCal3, and Eibach springs to lower the rear so it doesn't look so jacked up. Plus a few little exterior mods like a shorty antenna, billet grille, yellow fogs, chrome bits, etc.

Here is a picture from back in 2008.

Here is another from the end of October, right before she went into storage for the winter. I'll admit now it's a little odd, but I have another "lesser" car, and only a single garage, so in the interest of keeping the Escape mint, and being warm on these bloody cold Canadian mornings, the Escape now resides under a car cover in an underground, heated, 24/7 security monitered garage until April. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Amazing! You have the same wheels on your Escape as my oldest brother has on his Lexus SC400. They are very nice looking on the Escape, and are very complementary of the Escape's lines and style. :thumb: It is interesting to know that an Escape is a garage queen! ;) Something usually reserved for a Special Edition car. :cigar:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colleen said:
The pictures are gone. Or is it just my browser acting up? :shrug:
Fixed. My server did an folder switch at midnight, so the links got broken.

Thanks for the catch. Happy New Year EC members!

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,599 Posts
Welcome to the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice looking Escape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
Great looking ride ! I really like the color and I LOVE the wheels ! :) :thumb:

Welcome to the City ! :welcome:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks great! Nice and shiny. Mine won't be that way until a foot of snow melts. :cuss:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sweet ride I wish I had the Canadian pachakge, my first real winter in the east coast and my mirrors ice over. I really like the look of the NO ROOF RACK, looks clean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I forgot about another mod, going to darken out my headlamps like the Sport Edition.

First thing I did on delivery was ditch the roof-racks. I don't carry anything, and don't plan to. I have them in the basement if I ever want to put them back on.

oskerb, I'll give you my heated mirrors for the winter, just as long as you give them back. :whistle:

A couple more pictures...back from 2008. I did about 4000 KM (2500 miles) in 2009, so unfortunately not as many photos. :cry:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I really like how the Escape looks without the roof rack. My Escape has a sunroof and I think the roof rack somehow supports the sunroof, so I don't think I can remove mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts