Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..I just purchased an '08 Escape XLT in silver. I am very happy with the purchase. I believe I got a good deal $14,6xx with 32k on the odometer..new tires, brakes, full service, dealer installed black leather seats and 6 disc w/sync. I do not have any pictures yet, only cuz I hate posting stock photo's--but I do have 1 question. I purchased this vehicle with the certified extended 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I want to change the exhaust to a dual magnaflow with these nice dual squared tips that I have. Will the custom exhaust void warranty?

[mod]Moved to Powertrain Mods.[/mod]

·
Registered
490 Posts
It will void the warranty (if any) on your exhaust.

Personally, I'd ask for your $$ back on the warranty. You should have 30 days to change your mind. Extended warranties are $$ in dealer's pockets. If you must buy one, you can purchase one online from Ford Service website -- and not have to pay the dealer kickback.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the insight..i will look into it immediatley. BTW..if you were ever interested in swapping instrument clusters send me a message.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
RoadRiot said:
Hi guys..I just purchased an '08 Escape XLT in silver. I am very happy with the purchase. I believe I got a good deal $14,6xx with 32k on the odometer..new tires, brakes, full service, dealer installed black leather seats and 6 disc w/sync. I do not have any pictures yet, only cuz I hate posting stock photo's--but I do have 1 question. I purchased this vehicle with the certified extended 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty. I want to change the exhaust to a dual magnaflow with these nice dual squared tips that I have. Will the custom exhaust void warranty?

Congratulations, on the new escape RoadRiot. :) :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts