Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I just bought a new Mariner Premier AWD, and I have a few questions:

1) Can anyone recommend some good sites for Mariner accessories?
2) Also can anyone suggest some site links that have discounted Ford ESP plans?
3) Assuming that I'm a normal city driver, how many miles should my brakes and shocks last? I wanted to research if a Premium Maintenance plan made sense. They cover all maintenance and even things like replacing brakes, shocks/struts, wiper blades, belts, etc. I think that a 5 year 75K plan (with 10 regular service maintenance calls) runs around $840.
4) Does anyone know what the actual specs for the 320 Watt Audiophile are? Where is the amp located? Does a single amp run the speakers + the subwoofer?

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Welcome to the board! All excellent questions! So excellent that I cannot answer them!

Is ESP the Environmental package or whatever where they put on a special wax and treat the underside and carpets?
I find all of my stuff on ebay..honestly it's the cheapest place.

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey there JFGranger :welcome:
, let me try to help

amp location : if you open the rear lift gate ,there is a small tab
on the right side, the amp is inside there .6CD head unit, 6 premium speakers plus a sub woofer for a total of 7 speakers, 320 watts.

Esp ford plan , what ever you do make sure it's an ESP plan . you have
to get the premium Care plan . i really don't think they cover brakes
and wipers ,these are excluded in all plans , Maintenance plan are separate.
if you can combine both for $840 then hurry before they find out :lol:
check out what i did to get a really good deal on P.C. plan. :yahoo:
http://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2211

Mariner accessories: they are all over the net , check the ones in
your city 1st , they can order and install at one price

:peace: :peace: i hope this can help :peace: :peace:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GenX:
Thanks for the reply. I realize that the Audiophile system is 320 Watts, but that's likely peak. Do you have any idea what the RMS per channel is? Also a person in the Dealer Service Dept told me that there are 2 amps for this system (if true, I would guess one for the Sub, and one for the other 4 channels). Anything more indepth that you can give me on the amp would be much appreciated.

I also put up a new post that details out the Premium Maintenance Plan.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
JFGranger said:
Stone:
Just the normal stuff to start out with (Mudflaps, Bug Shield, Husky floor mats). I also added a Clifford 3.5 Remote Start & Alarm system.
For your initial items I would troll the ebay listings, then go to the local shops, then to Walmart. Buying at your local Walmart may actually be less than the ebay items as there is no shipping. Also, Walmart.com has some items not carried by the local store. Go figure, like they are exclusive to the world or something. Pick up at the local store is free, so once again they tend to be the lowest price out there.

But who knows, maybe you have a local retailer with a sale on, and they can get you a better deal. I know Pep Boys has the Husky cargo mat for less than anyone else, when it is on sale. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jonas:
O'Reilly Autoparts price matched Amazon's price on the front Husky Floormats ($54.18). I bought the molded mudflaps and bug deflector through the Dealer (I could have saved a few dollars ordering through the Internet, but not all that much). The next factory accessory that I'll order at some point will be the HD Module for the Audiophile System... but that will come later.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I highly recommend Kraco Premium Multi-Season Floormat - 4 piece set @Sam's club for $19.88 , :yes:
Available in three different colors,Very heavy constructions .
Deep trap and hold dirt & moisture, Raised sidewalls and anti-slip backing,
Premium multi-season mats

1 - 9 of 9 Posts