Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently using a new computer mouse. Model designation of logitech product is " VX 450 Nano". It is a cordless laser mouse. I have a tiny little usb nano receiver, plugged into usb port. Both devices are co-operating. The little receiver only sticks out about half an inch.

The laser mouse seems accurate, either on bare timber of the office desk or on mouse pad. I experimented on a sheet of glass, and the accuracy was reduced severely. It definitely does not respond on a glass surface. But on the mouse mat, or a polished timber surface the reaction is acceptable. Two AA batteries are required. Software can be downloaded from logitech site, if the user prefers extra features. :)

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,627 Posts
Sounds like a good investment stone. Hope it works out for you. Wifey loves her cordless mouse.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I'm currently using a Logitech cordless trackball. I love it !!! :yes:

Imo, you can't go wrong with Logitech, Stone. I have always been very satisfied with their products. :)

I have this one.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Currently using a Micro corded mouse. No errors. I paid $1 at the dollar store for this gem about 5 years ago. :peace:

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I had a cordless mouse but the batteries had to be changed too frequently :cuss: so I went back to the cord. Forgot what brand it was.

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Colleen said:
I'm currently using a Logitech cordless trackball. I love it !!! :yes:

Imo, you can't go wrong with Logitech, Stone. I have always been very satisfied with their products. :)

I have this one.

I had one at my old job that looked like yours. It ate batteries...

And speaking of batteries. My brother's wireless keyboard killed the batteries, after like 2 years. He couldn't understand why the computer would boot up, but wouldn't respond to any commands! :yes: :lol:

I prefer the corded mouse so that I don't have to fool with such issues. :tease:

·
Super Moderator
4,741 Posts
I have a cordless mouse that I use with my laptop. It's from microsoft and I get about 3 months on one battery. I have a corded mouse on my desktop but I know a guy at work that has one of those track ball things that Colleen was talking about and I'm thinking about getting one.

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
I guess that it is a matter of preference. The battery issue is not a concern for me. Mine takes 2, AA's. I buy a big pack from Sam's so that I am always prepared. :thumb:

I soo love my trackball !! :heart:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
MS Intellimouse 2.0 (1007) cordless here, on several PCs. I like the extra buttons on the sides and above and below the scroll wheel. It's also very precise.

I use Energizer rechargable AA batteries for just about everything, and they last for about three months in the mouse. I always have at least two pairs charged for our cameras (Nikon E3100 "beater" camera, Nikon L16, and a Canon A590IS).

Get rechargables. They last about ten times as long as the throw-aways, and you can recharge them thousands of times.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I have a Logitech Cordless Keyboard/Mouse Combo that I have used on my home computer for about 3+ years. The IR receiver is also a charger for the mouse. I've had the same set of rechargeble batteries in the mouse since new and never had a problem. I put the mouse in the charger overnight about once a month and never a issue. (JP, my mouse also has a variety of additional programmable buttons, but I never use them; just the left/right click and scroll wheel. Same goes for buttons, scrollers, and volume controls on the keyboard!). I guess I'm just old fashioned (PC speaking). I prefer keyboard shortcuts to many point/click options, such as CTRL-X/CTRL-V for cut & paste, and ALT-<tab> to switch between open programs, etc.

I also use a Logitech cordless IR mouse for my laptop. It has an on/off switch on the bottom to preserve battery life when not in use. I replace the single AA battery about every 6 months.

Dave K

1 - 10 of 10 Posts