Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Stephen Kings "The Mist"
Not bad, but the ending was terrible. Such a wicked twist of irony. On a scale of 1-10. I would give it a 6

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i watched I am Legend Last night, that was a waste of time, the only reason i watched the entire movie is because i wanted to see how it ended. if you like will smith and 1.5hrs of monologue that is the movie for you

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Haven't seen a movie in a theater lately. A couple of new release dvd's I've seen recently:

"3:10 to Yuma" was a great movie! Russell Crowe and Christian Bale were perfect in their roles. 9 stars! :)^

"30 Days of Night". Vampire movie. If you like scary movies, it's good. 8 stars.

"Into the Wild". Based on life of Christopher McCandless. Sean Penn wrote the screenplay and directed it.
Was really interested in seeing this movie.....and it was interesting but it was very sloooooow. 6 stars.

·
Registered
464 Posts
CrashNburn said:
i watched I am Legend Last night, that was a waste of time, the only reason i watched the entire movie is because i wanted to see how it ended. if you like will smith and 1.5hrs of monologue that is the movie for you
I thought it was pretty bad. The only reason why I watched it all is beacause I wanted to see the Ford Escape at the ending :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I watched "I am legend" a few days ago. I agree, it wasn't that good. 5/10
30 days of nights, now I liked that to a degree. Great idea in a vamp. movie. Just not layed out good enough. 7/10

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Best film ever? The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. :shades:

Another firm favourite(s) is/are The Lord of the Rings trilogy. When The Return of the King came out about 3/4 years ago, we watched all three films in their extended form back to back...It took 10 3/4 hours, but hey it was worth it! :)) That was on our old 28" CRT too, so we're looking forward to repeating it now we have the big LCD and the 7.1 surround. :yahoo:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I still love Contact. And I could watch an Ocean's Eleven marathon if someone forced me to. :D

The most recent movie we saw out was Blades Of Glory. Meh. Pretty funny at times, but still 'round 5/10.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yeah. Blades of glory is good rather than great. But I'd watch any old crap if Will Ferrell was in it. Anchorman is excellent. :)^

The best bits in Old School (Minus the topless KY wrestling of course ;) ) Are the bits with him in.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Don't watch films, as a rule, much prefer You-Tube!!!!! -\/- ;)
Found this short video, it had me in stitches, The Metropolitan Police at their finest!!! :hyst: :clap: :clap:
The commentry is also pretty good! :hyst:
Tell me you didn't work out the ending, before it was shown!! :clap:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Big Chris said:
The guy's an idiot. Even my Wife knows it's high revs, low speed when crossing water that deep. :doh:
Ah, but can you fit that many people in the back of your Vivaro? ;)

·
Super Moderator
14,901 Posts
My favorite movie "Fight Club" best mindf*** movie ever!

another favorite is "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" (fantasy version of my divorce) ...especially the being married to Angelina Jolie part.

another one "War of the Roses" (reality version of my divorce)

Favorite tear jerker "The Letter"... :('

My current favorite comedy "The Legend of Rickey Bobby" The only movie Will Ferrell made that I can stand and the fact that in this part of the world it's consdered a docu-drama :wacko:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really? I hate Will Ferrell. Maybe I'll check that movie out.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Just watched Babel on Showtime. It was really, really good. Requires that you engage your brain, so if you are looking for a popcorn flick, this isn't it.

Now Voyager is a great old B&W film that is worth a look, too.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Review from my local paper of 10,000 B.C., in theatres now. "As I lie on my deathbed, thinking of all the things I regret, the 1hr and 45 min I spent watching this movie will be near the top." I have to agree, worse popcorn movie since Stealth.

Awake was ok for a thriller, an interesting idea, out on DVD.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I'm a fan of the Bourne movies (Bourne Identity, etc). Not only is Matt Damon excellent in them, but the story lines are great, and the filming technology is fantastic (cinematography and editing). Some great international locations.

Recently rented both No Country For Old Men and We Own The Night. Old Men was a great movie, with obvious great performances by Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, and Tommy Lee Jones. However, I had a hard time following the ending (don't worry, won't spoil it). For We Own the Night, it is a good story, excellent performance by Joaquin Phoenix playing a very complex characteer. Wahlberg was OK, and Duvall good with a limiting character. Overall good but not excellent movie (not up to The Departed), kind of a lackluster finish.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
camusdarrach said:
Don't watch films, as a rule, much prefer You-Tube!!!!! -\/- ;)
Found this short video, it had me in stitches, The Metropolitan Police at their finest!!! :hyst: :clap: :clap:
The commentry is also pretty good! :hyst:
Tell me you didn't work out the ending, before it was shown!! :clap:
having said that, my favorite movie has to be "Trainspotting", a vey thought provoking film with a great soundtrack.
Also, I like "Local Hero", but for more personnal reasons, due to the fact some of it was filmed on the beach at Camusdarrach, and the money they paid to us was nice!!!!!!!!!! ():) :shades: :)P ;)

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Lol Trainspotting was crazy! I need to buy that, I only have Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels!

I watched 4 movies this weekend, all of which I've seen before: I am Legend, Balls of Fury (just bought it), Pulp Fiction (a classic) and 300 in Blu-Ray. I'm thinking I need to buy a PS3 just for the Blu-Ray player now....

·
Administrator
2015 Ford F-450 DRW
20,590 Posts
GreatEscape2004 said:
I'm a fan of the Bourne movies (Bourne Identity, etc). Not only is Matt Damon excellent in them, but the story lines are great, and the filming technology is fantastic (cinematography and editing). Some great international locations.
I ended up buying the Bourne triology on DVD for myself last Christmas. Had a wonderful time watching all those in order. It is funny that the 3rd Bourne movie (Bourne Ultimatum) starts about 10 minutes or so before the 2nd Bourne movie (Bourne Supremacy) ends. :BB2

1 - 20 of 160 Posts