Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been talking about this around campus for the last couple days...wanted to see if anyone on here has seen these things....I think they are u-g-l-y

These are the new plates that NYS is preparing to issue starting in 2010....the best part is that you have to pay for these new mandatory plates....$25 a rip. I was going to get my custom plates for xmas to myself.....might as well wait now. :mad:

These are the current plates....

And these are the OLD ones from the 90's....I actually really miss these..... :cry:

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I like 'em, especially the colors.

:thumb:

They're also getting rid of the stamped plates. They're printed this time around.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if they had the Giants or Yanks color scheme like the old ones I would agree with you :lol:

No more stamped? I wonder why? I wonder if the custom plates will be cheaper now....

The new ones also remind me of Jersey plates for some reason....

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
They already thought about us:

:D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jpark said:
They already thought about us:

True True, I've always liked those :)P

Are you still a NY Resident JP? Or are you reg. in Flordia (if you don't mind me asking), I've heard that the fees in Flordia are different then in NY for registering vehicles and such

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
NY resident, very frequent Sarasota vacationer with relatives there, and looking for a condo.

I'm not sure, but I think that Florida's rates are MUCH higher than NYS's.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jpark said:
NY resident, very frequent Sarasota vacationer with relatives there, and looking for a condo.

I'm not sure, but I think that Florida's rates are MUCH higher than NYS's.
Ya thats what I was curious about if you lived there becuase I've got fam in Virgina, and first off its like $300 to register a car. Then on top of which instead of paying a registration fee every 2 years like we do here, they pay tax on their cars every year. Depending on what kind of car you drive and how big it is...the tax can be insane. Interestingly enough, if you drive a hybrid, your vehicle tax used to be 1 cent every year, as in incentive to buy a hybrid. Last I heard they were thinking about lifting that incentive becuase so many people were buying hybrids...

·
Registered
256 Posts
gmercedesbenz said:
So I've been talking about this around campus for the last couple days...wanted to see if anyone on here has seen these things....I think they are u-g-l-y

These are the new plates that NYS is preparing to issue starting in 2010....the best part is that you have to pay for these new mandatory plates....$25 a rip. I was going to get my custom plates for xmas to myself.....might as well wait now. :mad:
AHhhh, brings back memories of the old days . . . .

-SPARKZZ

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I have a few of those hanging in our garage.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The basic Ontario plate hasn't changed a whole lot in the past 40 years other than fonts and materials used to make the plate.

We can however choose from a boat load of graphics,
60+ Plate Graphics

I alway get a chuckle when I see some of the personalised plates here, often they will be something to the effect of "SALLY" Yours to Discover! ;)

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
:lol:

I wonder if anyone had an older one like this:

GR8 2SH
KEEP IT BEAUTIFUL

:bill:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
prowler said:
gmercedesbenz said:

AHhhh, brings back memories of the old days . . . .

-SPARKZZ
Whoaaa (don't mean to sound like a kid here lol) but when are those from?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jpark said:
:lol:

I wonder if anyone had an older one like this:

GR8 2SH
KEEP IT BEAUTIFUL

:bill:
:hyst: :hyst:

·
Premium Member
7,656 Posts
+1 for the GR8 2SH. Witty.

GR8 2SH
Yours To Discover

would have been pretty good too.

Minnesota is converting over to the printed plates. Michigan, as far as I know, is still using stamped.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oklahoma recently changed too, first I thought we were being invaded by New Yorks, at quick glance reminds me of the Statue of Liberty tags from up north (guess it's in the wrong spot tho), oh any they too are now just a piece of plastice, no longer stamped:
New

What they're replacing

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
08HybridOK said:
Oklahoma recently changed too, first I thought we were being invaded by New Yorks, at quick glance reminds me of the Statue of Liberty tags from up north (guess it's in the wrong spot tho), oh any they too are now just a piece of plastice, no longer stamped:
New

What they're replacing
Doesn't look like the new plates have designated places for the sticker tags....are you moving to window registrations as well?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Doesn't look like the new plates have designated places for the sticker tags....are you moving to window registrations as well?
No there's a sticker on them, I know top left for sure, but might be both top corners, can't recall now, & my car is at work w/ the misses right now.

But no, no window sticker, in fact they stopped the anual inspection's several years ago 99/00. I really wish they haden't! I see cars that should be on the road, or at least have lights out and untill they get pulled over, or a friend notices, they'll never know it's out! (tail/signal/etc)

Not as bad as when I was in MS tho! I say a 'truck' on the road, it was a frame, engine, and It may have had a complete passanger cab, but can't recall completly now, as in no sheet metal except maybey the cab.

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I hate the new Texas ones. They are so ugly I'm not gonna even post a pic of them. ;-|

·
Registered
322 Posts
Dasha said:
I hate the new Texas ones. They are so ugly I'm not gonna even post a pic of them. ;-|
Sorry Dasha can't resist, I tried as I'm a Penn State fan, but living in OKC now 13ish years:

The new TX tag?

yes I know OU sux this year, hope the longhorns win out and beat timmy, if FLA is still #1 :woohoo:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts