Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone hit my 2010 Escape in a parking lot while I was in shopping, no idea who and my bumper is all messed up. A bunch of scrapes and a tiny bit off kilter (only noticeable if you know it's there)

Just wondering if I would be better taking it to a body shop to have it repaired or if anyone knows of a site I could order a new bumper from and possibly replace it myself for cheaper.

Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
First off, that's terrible news on the bumper. I have some door dings from careless parking lot people, and a deep front bumper scratch from a groundskeeper's lawnmower and they bug the heck out of me.

This sight will give you a good ballpark price on a new bumper, figure on quite a bit more to have it painted to match,... etc,...

http://www.fordonlineparts.com/

good luck getting it fixed.

John

·
Registered
99 Posts
That happen to me last year during the winter. I went to get my car washed, it had dirt and salt all over my car. After a clean wahsed, I saw that my rear bumper on the left side was scratched and crack a little. That is when I figured someone probably try to back out of a parking lot and didn't have enough room and hit my rear bumper... it really suck, because it cost too much to get it fix.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Geez!

I remember the first month i had my Escape, a "near new" honda cr-v parked besides me and bump his door on mine when i'm inside cinema. When returning to my car and noticed a small scratch on my car (obvious that it was him), my feet accidentally hurt his driver door and my other feet hurt one of his mud flap throwing it away... result: a damaged door and 1 missing mud flap, but i said to myself, " doh! all in all, this idiot dont care about other's cars so it wont hurt him to see those damages on his... probably he wont notice it"

i hate peoples who dont care about other's property so they have what they deserve...

so dont park too close from my car and pay attention to your doors hitting mine's or you never know what can happen to your car. hehe

·
Registered
482 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but......Oh man....I hear ya. I purposely park farther away just so I won't get those idiots near me. Guess what.....there have been times (more often than not) when there's dozens and dozens of empty (and closer) parking spaces, and guess where people park.....yep.....right beside me. :doh:

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
gbrown69 said:
Geez!

I remember the first month i had my Escape, a "near new" honda cr-v parked besides me and bump his door on mine when i'm inside cinema. When returning to my car and noticed a small scratch on my car (obvious that it was him), my feet accidentally hurt his driver door and my other feet hurt one of his mud flap throwing it away... result: a damaged door and 1 missing mud flap, but i said to myself, " doh! all in all, this idiot dont care about other's cars so it wont hurt him to see those damages on his... probably he wont notice it"

i hate peoples who dont care about other's property so they have what they deserve...

so dont park too close from my car and pay attention to your doors hitting mine's or you never know what can happen to your car. hehe
I dunno that I would do that...might not be his SUV!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I dunno that I would do that...might not be his SUV![/quote]

believe me! it was him...

my car was less than a month old WITHOUT ANY scratches on it and i always park at places far from other but this idiot came park just beside me and bump his door on mine.

he got what he derserved.period

plus it was a damn honda :rant:

·
Registered
467 Posts
Four_Eyes said:
Not to hijack this thread, but......Oh man....I hear ya. I purposely park farther away just so I won't get those idiots near me. Guess what.....there have been times (more often than not) when there's dozens and dozens of empty (and closer) parking spaces, and guess where people park.....yep.....right beside me. :doh:
that time i was parked over road cutter on grass as it has no places left and this retarded has 1 and a half car space to park and got just a foot from my car... i was so furious when saw the mark from his door on my car :cuss:

i have absolutely no remorse as i know that this dumb*ss really dont care about his car andlike it more like it is now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts