Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking for a set of black matte or gloss rims to mount my summer tires on for the sunny months. I am not looking for anything too fancy, but rather clean, classy and economical.
Also, I am assuming they would be 15"s on my 03 Escape? I would prefer the same size as the stock ones...

Does anybody have any ideas on specific models, brands, and prices?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just got a set of black 03-04 Cobra reps that will be mounted up next week.
18x9 ftw.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just make sure that you have 5x4.5 bolt pattern, and that the backspacing (offset) will be ok. Also, buy tires that aren't too wide for your rims (like ones that buldge wayyy out from the lip).

If you look into OEM rims, You can get different Escape Rims, Ranger Rims, Explorer Rims, and I think some of the car rims will fit too. Good place to look...

http://www.detroitwheelandtire.com/

If you don't want to purchase from them, you can at least see what other Ford OEM rims are the same bolt pattern as your truck, and maybe something will stand out for you. I've done this with many cars...(87 Mustang GT Cobra "Turbine" wheels on my 79 Merc Zephyr, 88 Mazda 626 "GT" wheels on my 85 GLC, Focus SVT wheels on my ZX3, etc).

Hope this helps give you some new ideas!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Davis137 said:
Just make sure that you have 5x4.5 bolt pattern, and that the backspacing (offset) will be ok. Also, buy tires that aren't too wide for your rims (like ones that buldge wayyy out from the lip).

If you look into OEM rims, You can get different Escape Rims, Ranger Rims, Explorer Rims, and I think some of the car rims will fit too. Good place to look...

http://www.detroitwheelandtire.com/

If you don't want to purchase from them, you can at least see what other Ford OEM rims are the same bolt pattern as your truck, and maybe something will stand out for you. I've done this with many cars...(87 Mustang GT Cobra "Turbine" wheels on my 79 Merc Zephyr, 88 Mazda 626 "GT" wheels on my 85 GLC, Focus SVT wheels on my ZX3, etc).

Hope this helps give you some new ideas!
Awesome, thank you very much Davis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts