Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Just got a 2011 XLT Escape last month. Really enjoy it. Great for an outdoor photographer. The only thing I don't like about it is the sound/speakers. I would like to upgrade but do not really want to do the work myself. Could anyone give me some suggestions on some speakers and maybe a subwoofer. I worry also that if I have someone do it they have to interfere with the Ford Sync. If anyone knows of a good stereo installer in New Hampshire that would be great too.

Thanks

·
Registered
836 Posts
Check around the boards and do some searches for speakers. Thee are a ton of ideas and recommendations on here. You can go with all new speakers and not worry about Sync. If you keep your stock HU and just upgrade speakers and add a sub, you are fine with Sync.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Alpine SPR-57C are highly rated and will fit your Escape with no modifications. If you purchase from Crutchfield, they'll cost about $150 a pair and will come with the adapter clips to use all your stock wiring. You can install these yourself, in about 30 minutes, even if you have never done any sort of stereo installation before.

Just adding these speakers, you will notice a significant improvement over the stock speakers. If you want anything better, you are going to have to invest a lot more money and time.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Check mine, sinistermob's, and 09LTd's installs (did I forget anyone? I apologize if I did I'm just thinking off the cuff) and see what you think. Deadening materials, tweeters in the A-pillars, all of this can be done with ease if you just take the time. Its not really THAT expensive, but it is time consuming...a little.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
airbags are in the upper roof rail, the side impact and roll-over inflatable curtains.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts