Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just order a few new things for my truck. Some upgrades. Can't wait to get it and install it.
I got it from http://www.carpartswholesale.com
EBC Brake Disc Mariner EBC Price: $241.30 Qty: 1.00 Part #: E35GD7281
EBC Brake Pad Set Mariner EBC Price: $105.64 Qty: 1.00 Part #: E35DP71709
Moog Sway Bar Link Mariner Moog Price: $33.43 Qty: 2.00 Part #: MOK80296
The total was $426.52 shipped. I might need some help to install them. I will be asking questions on the sway bar links never done it before. But it looks easy to do. I will post pics. when done. :yahoo: :taz:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:thumb:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just install everything today. It drives so much better and brakes a lot better. The brake pads and rotors that were on the truck were still like new. But I wanted to change them.

·
Premium Member
13,543 Posts
Glad you're happy with it!!! :thumb: :peace:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Hello, congrats on your new parts!

I have one question: would the EBC pads, fit the OE rotors?
I ask because i'll have to change my pads within the next 2 months, and the OE are quite expensive in the dealer (And i have to go there if i want to keep my warranty). I've read the EBC are really good, and improve the brake feel a lot, and cost almost the same than OE, but I don't know if they'll fit.

BTW, what does the new sway bar improve? does it fit the Escape (just wondering...)

Thnx

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
molanojuan said:

I ask because i'll have to change my pads within the next 2 months, and the OE are quite expensive in the dealer (And i have to go there if i want to keep my warranty). I've read the EBC are really good, and improve the brake feel a lot, and cost almost the same than OE, but I don't know if they'll fit.

BTW, what does the new sway bar improve? does it fit the Escape (just wondering...)

Thnx
Yeah! they will fit stock rotors, just make sure to turn the rotors so they wear out evenly. I got the sway bar links. It's not a big difference but it does feel smoother and handles a little better. They are real easy to change.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
molanojuan said:

Thnx
Why do you have do you have to change your pads out soo soon???

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Same question here molano.
If you do it just for upgrading then the pads alone won't do. Get the EBC rotors too and wave goodbye to the notorious Motorcraft rotors.They overheat just by looking at the sun-rise.
If you are in the "fast lane" get the yellow stuff EBC pads too, but never with the stock rotors.

·
Registered
501 Posts
oskerb said:
SUVord said:
If you do it just for upgrading then the pads alone won't do. Get the EBC rotors too and wave goodbye to the notorious Motorcraft rotors.They overheat just by looking at the sun-rise.
If you are in the "fast lane" get the yellow stuff EBC pads too, but never with the stock rotors.
Well, I have 14,500Km (roughly 9000Mi), my oil change intervals (dealer) are every 8,000km, and they told me that at 16,000km (10,000mi) I have to change the pads. Thats why i was thinking of buying the EBC Brake pads.

However, if the pads alone wont make any difference, I may need to change also the rotors also, but that increases the bill quite considerably for me, since I have to buy everything in the US and ship it to here.

Im gonna go to the dealer, ask for an estimate for the 16,000km revision, and check how much more is it to buy the rotors. Ill keep you posted!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
NEGATIVE... I changed mine at 30,000 mi. apprx. and they werent even at half way and Im hard on my brake as I am aggressive driver.

molanojuan said:
oskerb said:
SUVord said:
Well, I have 14,500Km (roughly 9000Mi), my oil change intervals (dealer) are every 8,000km, and they told me that at 16,000km (10,000mi) I have to change the pads. Thats why i was thinking of buying the EBC Brake pads.

However, if the pads alone wont make any difference, I may need to change also the rotors also, but that increases the bill quite considerably for me, since I have to buy everything in the US and ship it to here.

Im gonna go to the dealer, ask for an estimate for the 16,000km revision, and check how much more is it to buy the rotors. Ill keep you posted!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Thanks Osker, that was my initial thought, maybe not 30,000mi, but at least double what they are saying.

When the time gets for the revision, i'll go first to a brake shop to have my pads checked, if they say they are ok, Then the dealer is trying to rip me off.

Thanks for the advice and help guys.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Recently had my brakes changed and the shop told me they were most likely the originals on the car when he was made. Ean is '05. With 80,000 miles on him. They probably were worn down because of me haha. I also spaced getting them checked and destroyed my front rotors on a road trip. :bang:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I changed my rotors and brakes just cause I wanted the EBC rotors and brake pad. Mine were still like new also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts