1000w peak
500w rms

kole audio amp
1440w

they hit so hard i have to re-adjust my mirrors every half mile

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'm mad that Kole Audio blatantly stole the exterior design of that amp from Rockford Fosgate.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a great amp, a little big, but the one thing that bothers me, the wire terminals i used for my 4-gauge wiring kit doesn't fit in the terminals on the amp. i had to get some longer screws and maybe bend a terminal or two

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fourthmeal said:
I'm mad that Kole Audio blatantly stole the exterior design of that amp from Rockford Fosgate.
rockford fosgate

vs.

kole audio

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Bet you $100 the RF one weighs more.

:)

Keep in mind this is constructive criticism only:

These pieces of equipment are a good start, but in the world of car audio there are leaders, followers, copycats, and fakes. Volfenhag and Kole Audio are flea-market products. It gets better from here, exponentially.

What front stage have you installed?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but between school, gas-money, and a part-time job that was all i could afford at the time.
my first choice was rockford fosgate p2's and a ported box

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
hattrick203 said:
yeah but between school, gas-money, and a part-time job that was all i could afford at the time.
my first choice was rockford fostage p2's and a ported box
No doubt, and again I'm not hacking on what you got since you've got to start somewhere.

If it is ever something you want to grow on though, I can guide you. Hint: P2's and a ported box aren't the direction I'd take you. That may be the best a local big-box store can do for you at a certain price point, but being selective on the web and knowing where and what the deals are will let you take your money much further.

Also, work on your front stage, if you're still rocking stock front speakers you are missing out on a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what would it take for a new amp and new door speakers?

another wiring kit? i'm not sure where the stock amp is located either..

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Stock amp powers only the little sub, the head unit powers all speakers.

To do a front set of components, you'd want a decent 6.5" component set, a fair amount of deadener and closed-cell foam, and a modest 2 or 4ch amp. A good solid amp will run under $100, a good set of components will range from $65-150, and deadener will run about $30-50 for a basic amount, which will greatly help the sound quality. Actually if you bump your budget for deadener up a bit, you could do the back hatch, all doors, and some other critical spots in the trunk, which would benefit your truck all around.

For the wiring, it depends if you are using a 4 gauge wiring kit or 8 gauge now. If you are using a 4 gauge, you probably will not have to upgrade. If you are using 8 gauge, then you need to ditch that. Good 4 gauge wire can be cheap. I'll help you with finding it under $50.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i recently replaced my 8 gauge with 4 gauge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.