Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello. I'm not really sure what type of system you are looking for here, whether you want SQ or SPL. Also if you have a reputable car stereo place near where you live OTHER then best buy I'd go there if I were you. But if you are limited to just best buy then go there and listen to everything and pick what you like best. Personally on the speaker part of things, I prefer 6.5's or 5 1/4 over 6x9's.

One of the best subs that I see for sale at best buy would be the Alpine Type R's. They are known to be a VERY good sub and give loud deep bass.

I'm not sure how good your best buy installers are over there, but they aren't usually the best, and most audiophiles will tell you, that the install is 85% of how the system will sound.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Charles Dixon -- Audio Logic -- Hollywood, Fla.
Jeremy Carlson -- Extreme Performance -- Palm City, Fla.
Billy Gormley -- Audio Creations -- Boca Raton, Fla.
Cartronics -- Pembroke Pines, Fla.

Not sure if any of these places are close to you, but these people were nomiated for installers of the year by an audio magazine. Cartronics was nominated for top facility by the same magazine. Any one of these is probably a good/safe bet.

On the sub side of things, kicker makes some decent subs, my first subs ever were kicker. But if your looking for SPL then the Type R's are great. If you want more accurate/tight sounding bass, like that of an SQ system. I'd def recommend an Image Dynamics IDQ12v3 or the Fi-Q. Theres a lot of choices out there and I know with those kenwoods being buy one get one its hard to lay off them! My recommendation is if you choose one of the places above, go there talk to the guys there and listen to a variety of subs. Not only will you be able to choose which one you like best, but you'll build a working relationship with your installer!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts