Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok first off, welcome, and second PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEE try and convince your mother to let you take it to the pros... I have seen too many terrible installs from the likes of best buy and future shop.... but if this is your only option then make sure the installer knows what they are doing first...

Also judging by your set up you can either use a 4 channel amp or a single amp to run the sub and a amp for the speakers, your reasoning for this would be that you have a 8 ohm woofer of 300 watts so you can easily fulfill this with one amp, and then get a smaller 100watt amp for the speakers, or try and find a suitable multi channel for all of your speakers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I strongly suggest you try and take it to a well known shop, but if that is simply not an option then there are ways around it, installing a basic system is actually quite simple since everything you are buying is pretty well plug and play. As some one above suggested, the alpine Type R is a fantastic woofer, I ran it last year in my truck, (it's too bad your are not in Canada lol or I could help you out now) but ya anyways the I have the 2 ohm type R (SWR-1222D) and 460 watts and I hit 134.7db, and I was still maintaining quality. And from factory they come severely under rated, I think mine was rated at around 500 watts rms when they more realistically like 7-800watts. But with the right box it is a very good all around woofer, +1 for the type r

·
Registered
223 Posts
^^ this is true... kicker is a very reputable brand as well, it does all depend on what kind of system you are looking for... like I said I used to run a type R, but I also ran 2 runs of welding cable and a 6th order bandpass box built to alpine spec. Box is a big part of it too, so keep that in mind, try and find someone who is knowledgeable on the subject.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes talk to the installers before you buy anything, a good installers will make you apart of the process (unlike best buy for example where you would just give them money and they take your car for a few hours) so think of what kind of system you want and don't be afraid to tell the installers that, day in and day out they hear "I want to be loud" in your case try thinking about the long run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts