Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone one I just bought a 2010 Escape XLT with the v6 engine from a my neighbor who has owned it the past 10 years.
It currently has 150k miles on it and some minor issues ? I noticed there’s some idle bouncing while stopped and the suspension is a little clunky. Also the only maintenance they’ve done on is it, is oil changes, coolant change, tires/breaks, new throttle body and starter. But have never done a tune up on it.
Where should I start with the maintenance ? I want to make this a road trip worthy suv if that’s even possible.
Thanks y’all.

·
Premium Member
2020 Ttanium Hybrid/2009 Limited Hybrid/1978 F-250 Custom
495 Posts
Hello everyone one I just bought a 2010 Escape XLT with the v6 engine from a my neighbor who has owned it the past 10 years.
It currently has 150k miles on it and some minor issues ? I noticed there’s some idle bouncing while stopped and the suspension is a little clunky. Also the only maintenance they’ve done on is it, is oil changes, coolant change, tires/breaks, new throttle body and starter. But have never done a tune up on it.
Where should I start with the maintenance ? I want to make this a road trip worthy suv if that’s even possible.
Thanks y’all.
Welcome to the city, lh and s.
Sounds like next on your list is spark plugs, and coil packs. replace your air filter too. Flush and fill your brake system.
The swaybar end links are known for persistent rattling, you can reach your hand in above the wheel with it sitting on the ground, and wiggle them to see if that's your noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts