Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just yesterday I brought home my new 2009 Escape XLT 4x4 V6 in Black Pearl Slate. I'm happy with my new purchase but sad to be leaving behind my black 1999 Cougar V6, with...

Injen intake Intake
Borla Single Phantom Tip Exhaust
Freedom Design Front Strut Bar
Short Black Antenna
Painted Vtech Covers Head & Taillight Covers
Smoked Sidemarkers
Visteon Spoiler
Razzi Ground Effects

...and sad to leave my friends over at the New Edge Cougar forums. I love that car, but now the repairs are costing more than what the car is worth! So, my husband and I purchased new. I'm hoping to hang around and learn as much as I can! It's a bit of a weird jump - going from a coupe to a truck, but I'm a fast learner :) We'll see how long it takes me to start modding. And of course, I'm a Ford girl forever. Nice to meet you all!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Welcome to E-C, and congrats on your Escape!

I know what you mean about the Cougar. With a manual transmission, that car was a blast to drive.

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Welcome to the zoo! I've always wanted a cougar. Also :pics:

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
:hi: Hi there and welcome to the City ! :welcome:

We are very happy that you have joined us and very much looking forward to seeing pics of your new ride. :)

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You're in the right spot PonyGirl...enjoy. :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
4,737 Posts
Colleen said:
:hi: Hi there and welcome to the City ! :welcome:

We are very happy that you have joined us and very much looking forward to seeing pics of your new ride. :)
That's Colleens way of saying ,"WHERE'S THE DARN PICTURES!!!!!" Before Dasha does anyway....... :D

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Here Kitty, Kitty...

Love those Cougars! Like JP said, a blast to drive! :woohoo:

And Welcome to the City!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! And yes, the Cougar was an amazing ride. It was my first, very own, grown-up purchase. The Cougar turned 10 years old this past January. And I had planned on getting at least 2 more years out of it. The catalytic converter needs replacing, I had a new starter recently installed, and now the flywheel is shot. I can feel the transmission starting to slip a bit. I just hit 152,600 miles and the car is shaking heavily over 70 mph. I drive 60-80 miles a day and I have been stuck before. Paying over $400 for a tow is not my idea of fun! So, I'm going from this...

to this...

·
Premium Member
12,182 Posts
Did you trade it on a cash for clunker trade-in? Or did you keep it to sell it outright to a Cougar lover?

·
Premium Member
19,571 Posts
PonyGirl, your Cougar is a very sharp ride and you undoubtedly got many years of enijoyment from it.

That sure is a fine looking Escape that you chose and I just know that you are going to love it. :yes: Congrats !! :)

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
Welcome to you and the hubby. Come and sit a spell. Jump in with both feet and feel free to ask any question you may have. Remember there are no dumb questions just maybe dumb answers (all in fun) :shades:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts